Monday, December 15, 2008

It Is Time...

LC: The Big Thing says it is time to stop mourning Skeeter and get on with our lives. Easy for him to say when he cries onto his pillow at night, but we unnerstand his point. We all go eventually. And it is my duty to be the adult cat of the fambly now.

I spent yesserday checking through all the rooms of the house as Skeeter taught ME ta do, making sure there were no bugs or mice. I had Ayla following me to see what she needs to learn before I go over myself. She is not my best of friends. Well, she is in heat an all, and that is annoying.

We checked through the upstairs an dint find nothin. But there were 2 moths in the basement and we each got one of those. At least Ayla is good at that stuff. She jumped one really high up...

The only litterboxes are down there too now, so I made sure Ayla unnerstood that. It was a bit weird us usin them side by side litterboxes at the same time. Ayla is not shy about that. I was a little weerded... But it is just us girls.

Skeeter and I would nefer do that! Times change...

We crawled through the deepest parts of the basement and found nothin to worry about. A few spiders, but we dont mind them. They catch bugs too and are welcome to them in the deep corners. I showed Ayla places to check that she has not really paid much attention to before. I told her she better remember these places. Well, I wasn't either when I first arrived, but I learned when Skeeter guided me around a few times.

After we were done, I asked The Big Thing fer some treats. He brought out my favorite dry ones (Science Diet) and we shared them. Well, she IS my little Sister, after all. Ayla enjoyed a couple soft treats. I dont care for those, but she likes them OK.

I let her sit on a chair wif me fer a few minutes, but she is all stretchy an merfing in heat so I left. She stayed there cause The Big Thing was givin her some attenshum. But he gave me lots of stritches too on my favrit ottoman place, so that was OK...

He says we can both have some turkey and shrimps tonight. I'll be happier for the shrimps, but Ayla loves turkey, so that werks out. I might be innerested in the turkey liver though. I don't see that very offen.

Skeeter seems happy ofer the Bridge. He says so annyway. I got to wait a while afore I can join him, so I may as well get used ta bein nice ta Ayla. Yesserday, we aktally slept near each offer on the waterbed. I spose it wouldnt be so bad if we aktally touched.

But she better sneak up against me real slow-like...

20 comments:

Alasandra said...

Oh, we are sorry to hear Ayla is in heat again. But so glad to hear that the two of you are being nice to each other. ~Socks, Scylla & Charybdis

Evie/VampyVictor said...

Nothing like sisfurs.. iz always a love/hate relationship, but the loves is truly there.
It sounds like you had lots of learnings, you will both sleep very well tonight :)

PES: I think you dadda is trying to be all strong for you, which is what daddas do :)
I thinks you both need to still be a little good for a little while longer :)) Hoomans take a little while coz they do not see our crossed ones that easily :))

Angus Mhor said...

Two girls and one guy...hmmmm. Things are a little out of balance, now. You know you girls can wrap Him around your little pawpads, don't you?

Parker said...

You two are doing well to get along. I am sure that pleases TBT. Please give him some headbutts for me, OK?

The Meezers said...

yes, please gif TBT some headbutts from us too. We knows how hard it is on all of you. Cryin is ok. No one can get ofur it in a week ya know .

Cheysuli and gemini said...

I am glad you were able to explore all the cracks and take over and take care of things. I am sure the BT appreciates that.

PB 'n J said...

We're sure that Skeeter would be glad that your teaching Ayla important stuff that he didn't get to. And it's great that you two are getting along - we bet TBT is really happy for that. And it's good to give him some happy moments while he is still so sad.

And to brighten your day, we've got a little something for you all on our bloggie today!

Sunny's Mommy said...

LC, you're being a good big sister to each Ayla things she needs to know. Just like Skeeter taught you.

I'm glad you're feeling closer to Ayla now. Maybe soon she'll be out of heat and be more bearable.

Daisy said...

LC, you are doing a good job of taking over. I think Skeeter would be proud. Let TBT know it is okay to mourn for as long as he needs to.

Cory said...

LC and Ayla, you are doing a great job. It takes time to get through tough times. The hurt will come in waves, and sometimes when you don't expect it...and over time it eases up.

Forever Foster said...

LC and Ayla, you are very good to keep the house running. It is also very good that you are getting along. Make sure to give your dad some snuggles from us.

Derby said...

Hey, you can grieve as long as you need to. Everycat and bean has their own time to do this.

Yep, gotta bring the young one up to speed, she needs to learn the ropes.

Jan's Funny Farm said...

Sounds like TBT is trying to put on a brave face. Be extra nice to him. Even though he doesn't want to admit it, he needs you two giving extra cuddles and purrs.

DEBRA said...

LC and Ayla,
It sounds like you got lots of new places to explore and enjoy. We are glad to hear that you too are gettin on soooo well and that things are...moving along. We knows you still miss Skeeter and always will but he will there to guide you and watch over you. Purrs to you both and also to TBT.
Abby

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

LC, glad to hear you are going to try being nice to Ayla. It is very hard, I know!!

Hopefully she doesn't make any sudden moves!

purrs, Shade

The Crew said...

LC, you've stepped into your role as Senior Cat very well. Hopefully one day you & Ayla will become best sisters.

Samantha and Mr. Tigger said...

LC you are a wonderful sister! You are showing Ayla all the ropes! We bet you become the best of furiends!
Your FL furiends,

Everycat said...

When The Big Thing is crying into his pillow, you two go and snuggle up to him. He's putting on the brave face, but he needs to know it's ok to grieve for as long as it takes.

I'm glad you two have had a little patrol together - it's good to share Skeeter's duties between you

Rumbly purrs

Whicky Wuudler

Cafe Cats said...

Yup, I been teaching Iago too. He's still kinda little and ADD and gets distracted really easy though. Ayla sounds like a much better student.

Baci

p.ess. Mama starts leaking just looking at yers and Kelly's web address so sorry if we don't visit as much as we normally would.

Gretchen and Mike said...

I'm happy to know that you and Alya and TBT are beginning to mend. It is good that you take care to teach Ayla how to do things well, LC.

Still send purry prayers and hugs...G