Saturday, January 31, 2009

A Day In The Life Of The Big Thing

THE BIG THING: MORNING

The waterbed shakes slightly, a cat has jumped up. It is usually LC first. She comes over and sniffs my nose to see if I am awake. I don't know how she can tell, but it seems she can. If she does it while I am asleep, I don't know it, but I have woken up suddenly when she does it. LC likes to demand my attention then move just out of reach.

Ayla is usually asleep on my legs and Iza is usually curled up on the headboard touching my head with a paw. When I awake, they all get jealous if I don't pet them all at once. 3 cats, two hands, not possible...

So, I sit up in bed where I can reach all 3 in turns. I spread the scritchin around as best I can. LC usually leaves first. So I scritch Ayla and Iza for while. Whichever get closest gets turned over on her back for tummy rubs, They both like it, but get nervous when the other is near, I tried getting them both in my lap in bed, but they want to play then. No winning on this attempt. Eventually, they both go chase each other around the house.

So I end up catless in bed. Time to get up...

Check the bathtub for Iza poops. She is convinced it is a litterbox! I'm working on that but it is always wise to check first. I think she is not used to canned food, so I am trying to adjust her gradually. The past few days have been safe.

Out of the shower. LC is there to greet me. I don't know why she likes to greet me as soon as I come out of the shower, but she does. So I give her a few minutes of chin scritches. Ayla runs in and jumps onto the sink countertop for attention and gets some.

LC also wants attention as I dress. She jumps onto the bed and sits right behind me as I put my socks on. She's a bit weird. I sometimes drape a sock over her back and she sits down like there was an anchor on her back.

I get dressed and go out to give them breakfast. Fancy Feast of various kinds... I have to watch Iza. She will eat all of everything as fast as she can. LC and Ayla are used to nibbling, so I can't let Iza eat just everything. There is a little juggling act involved. Iza can't eat too much canned food, and LC and Ayla want to nibble, so I have to pick up the bowls and offer them later when Iza is napping.

Then I have to give LC her daily thyroid pills. I crunch it up under a spoon, then mix it with cream cheese. She still won't eat that, so I have to collect her and smear it on her teeth. She licks that off. But she knows when I crush the pill and take out the cream chese. It is usually a few times around the bed before I can get ahold of her. I sure wish I didn't have to do that! She seems to know when the cream cheese comes out; she hides. But she knows that I am safe to be around after the cream cheese, and comes up for scritches.

Tommorrow: "Afternoon", then after that "Night".

7 comments:

meemsnyc said...

Eek, Iza poops in the tub. It's a good thing you check before getting in there for a shower or bath.

Millie said...

Wow, you actually get to take a shower before you feed them. Gizzy used to nibble Mom's big toe while she was on the human litterbox if she didn't feed him as soon as she got up.

Maybe leaving a bit of water in the bathtub would prevent Iza from pooing there?

Angus Mhor said...

It's good to see you have him well trained, LC. I know Skeeter had a lot to do with it, too. But how did you manage to let him shower and dress without feeding you first? Have to work on that one...

Oh, I think Miss Millie's idea about the water in the bottom of the tub might be a good one..except-where will she choose to poo if she doesn't there? Someplace less easily cleaned, unless she gives it up altogether.

Cheysuli and gemini said...

I love humans with a routine. Mine just vary theirs so much in the morning and all day! Sigh.

Niko and Cloud said...

Mom figures you've probably heard these suggestions before, but have you tried a pill popper or pill pockets with Ayla? Both helped our parents when they had to give Texas all his medicines every day.

LC, Ayla, and Iza said...

Iza's pooping spot before the bathtub was under the dining room table. We prefer the bathtub until her digestion adjustments settle down.

MOL!

LC and Ayla

The Meezers said...

Trixie used to poo in the tub too. Mommy said better there than on the rug.