Monday, January 12, 2009

An Island Among The Leafs

AYLA:

I got out ta do a little huntin today, which was nice. Now, Ive tole ya afore that I dont like walkin of dry leafs. They are weerd-crunchy and noisy an I just dont LIKE them! But they are good fer hearin mice runnin around in. Well I found a cool bare place in the middle of a big patch of leafs where I can sit all quiet-like and lissen fer mousies!

I hopped onto it from the edge of the lawn an sat there a whiles.








An here is a close up picture so ya can see me better.








Oops, I hear some scratchin sounds a few feet away. Gotta sit up better ta find out where they are comin from.



Oh mouse-droppings, I dint hear it anny after that. I guess it went down a mousie hole... Oh well, thats how it goes sometimes.

.

9 comments:

Everycat said...

Ayla you are a very smart cat to find a non-crunchy place to look for meeces from. Be patient, more meece will be walking right under your nose very soon!

Whicky Wuudler

Angus Mhor said...

Miss Ayla, I'm sorry you didn't catch anything today..do you ever watch the fish in the tank?

meemsnyc said...

Darn, sorry you did not catch the mouse. Maybe next time!!

Cheysuli and gemini said...

Oh what a fine place to go hunting. I bet you will soon catch another mouse or a vole or something!

Sunny's Mommy said...

Better luck next time, Alya! I'm sure you'll catch one soon!

Daisy said...

I do not think I would enjoy walking on crunchy leaves, either!

Cory said...

When you walk on crunchie leaves the mousies can hear you coming...you were very smart to let them do the crunching so you can pounce on them!

Shaggy, Scooby and Scout said...

Ayla what a good little hunter you are. You look like you were being very patient waiting for that mousie to make the wrong move.

China Cat said...

You are a very smart little huntress, waiting for the mouse to crunch on those leaves!

Purrrrrrs, China Cat