Sunday, January 25, 2009

Iza and Ayla

LC: I have fun watchin and listenin ta their games in the baffroom. They take turns crawling between the curtains. The game is ta slink between the curtains an not let the other know where they are. If the one on the floor sees where the other is, she pounces an knocks the other inta the tub. Then they change positions.

Ayla is better at it than Iza. Ayla is much skinnier, sleeker, and an slinkier, than Iza, so she wins most of the time. But Iza has put poop mines in the tub an knows where they are. Ayla (and The Big Thing) was pretty shocked ta discover those! Ayla hadda be washed a bit when THAT was discovered!

Apparantly, Iza grew up with dry food only, and is having a little problem getting used tha canned food. The Big Thing has been cuttin back on that until she gets used ta it. She gets "invited to the bedroom" while we chow down on it, and then gets just the little bit left over til she can handle it.



It's awkward, but ya gotta let new kitties adapt ta house habits. There are bumps along the way. At least Ayla an Iza are playing tagether... I figure thats a good start. I mean, even Skeeter and I wernt "best buds" the first coupla weeks... And I had problems that needed time ta fix.

I had ear mites, eye infektions, and worms. Efrykitty hadda take medicashuns for those cause of me. But it all werked out OK eventally. So I'll give Iza some time fer her own problems...

Just fair, ya know?

11 comments:

Alasandra said...

We are sure Iza will adapt to her new home soon. It is nice of you to be so understanding LC.

(laughing) Hope Ayla enjoyed her bath. (more laughter) ~S,S & C

The Meezers said...

oh moving from all crunchy food to canned food can cause some tummy upsets. we is shur that Iza will get used to it soon!

Cory said...

Sounds like it's going well since there are always some bumps along the way...the bathtub game sounds like fun!

Cheysuli and gemini said...

I am glad they are getting along so well! YEAH.

Parker said...

LC, you are a very wise kitty!

Willow said...

Oh, I am so happy that Iza lives with you now! We hadn't been visiting much lately (thanks a lot, mom!) and just found out about Iza tonight! What a beauty she is! I'll have to send China Cat over to visit too!

Purrrrrrrrrrs, Willow

Max said...

Well, since she's cute and all, I suppose it's only fair to give her time. Not like having a Buddah, where you have to lay a smackdown on him now and then...

JB's Big World said...

That is very nice of you to give her some time. I had ear mites too when I was little. Mom took care of me and I got better, and so will your Iza.
--JB

Fat Eric said...

I'm glad Iza is settling in.

Thank you for visiting me on my blogoversary!

Sunny's Mommy said...

Yes, that's fair, and you're a wise girl kittie, LC. I hope Iza's mine poop problem will be better soon.

Jake and Bathsheba said...

Oh, my, it's been WAY TOO LONG since our last visit. A new kitty at your house! Wow! Congratulations. She's a cutie.

~J&B