Friday, January 02, 2009

New Year's Eve Fire

LC and AYLA: We dint show you the fireplace pictures from New Year's Eve! It was a little scary cause it got real fierce at first. But as it calmed down, we liked it better. Ayla had nefer seen a fire here and I hadnt seen many, so we dint get in camera range (though we stayed near The Big Thing ta enjoy it).

It got all big at first.

Then calmed down some.

Then became just glowing embers.

We were both real tempted ta get up on the heath an enjoy the warmth but it sometimes made noises and we were nervous... Like POP! Crackle! Snap! Pop! So we stayed near TBT. If he was safe where he sat, we figured we were safe...

10 comments:

Everycat said...

A real fire is a wonderful thing, especially as you had TBT to keep you safe from the snap, crackle and pops!

I really miss my fireplace.

Whicky Wuudler

Parker said...

Oh how wonderful! We love fires!

Lone Star Purrs said...

That sounds like a good move to stay by TBT. Ya don'nt want yur furs to catch fire!
::Purrs::
~Meeko & Kiara

Alasandra said...

We have never seen a fire. The house used to have a fireplace but the beans took it out and replaced it with a wall. Ours was poorly made and allowed water to come in the walls. ~Socks, Scylla & Charybdis

Sunny's Mommy said...

Fires are nice and toasty warm, but you have to stay away from them so you don't get hurt.

Happy New Year to all of you :-D

Cheysuli and gemini said...

I love the fire, but ours is just gas. That way we don't worry about the pops and stuff.

Willow said...

That's a very good idea to stay by TBT so you will stay safe! I have never seen a fire in a fireplace but I scare easily. My FL says we need to get the chimney cleaned before we can have a fire in the fireplace so maybe I'll see one sometime! China Cat has see them and loved the heat!

Purrrrrrrrs, Willow

Max said...

Ohhh...I love fires! I like to curl up in front of them and watch them be all glowy. But we have glass in front of ours, so there's no getting torched by sparks.

Kimo and Sabi said...

Happy New Year 2009!

VampyVictor said...

Ohhh I would be too scared-ed too!! I thinks Momma and dadda would be also to tell the truth :)
Even though we has gas and is sorta kinda... bah

V-V