Saturday, January 17, 2009

Surprise!

THE BIG THING:

They sure weren't expecting New Kitty as the "Super Special Surprise". New Kitty came from the same nice cat-breeder Mom Heather (who was actually kind enough to drive an hour to deliver her) who raised Ayla. So when I saw her car in the driveway, I let LC and Ayla out the back door.

It wasn't until late that evening that LC seemed to realize there was "something" in the Guest Room. I think she heard litterbox scratching...

So, later last night, I carried New Kitty out to see and be seen for a short while. LC was quite accepting and interested, but Ayla put her ears back flat and hissed! Then she started growling. New Kitty didn't react at all, just sat in my arms purring.

Poor Ayla, it occurred to me that she had never seen a strange kitty IN THE HOUSE! I carried New Kitty around and let her look and smell stuff for about 10 minutes before returning her to the Guest Room for the night (I stayed in there with her for a while).

I will bring New Kitty out longer tomorrow and take some pictures. Hopefully, Aylsa will react a little better... After all, New Kitty is here to be her fellow Meezer playmate and Partner-In-Crime. ;)

Still deciding on a name... First thought is "Iza Meezer". Ayla was named for the heroine of 'Clan of the Cave Bear' by Jean Auel, and Iza is her adopted mother. And "Iza Meezer" sounds cute. Second thought is "Cat Ballou" after the 1965 Jane Fonda movie of that title. Obviously, she's a cat. But Ballou sounds like "blue" and she IS a blue point meezer. I am still trying to think of something more unusual, like "Skeeter". Suggestions welcome...

.

19 comments:

Millie said...

she's adorable. I like Ballou. Keep your eye out for the man in the bloo shorts today...

Cory said...

My mom kinda wanted to have a girl kitty named ZuZu...but it's just never fit any of us. Hopefully Ayla will get over her hissies! It will just take time.

Niko and Cloud said...

We think she really looks like a Sofie or Sofia, but we are sure that you and her will pick out a beautiful name together.

Daisy said...

Oh my goodness, this is so exciting! Judging from the photos in yesterday's post, she's a beauty.

meemsnyc said...

A new kitty!! How exciting!! We can't wait to see the pictures!

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Yippee!!!!!!!!

A house full of ladycats??????

That sounds a little scary to me but Shade and Banshee are pretty excited!

We like Ballou too!

Purrs Goldie

Sunny's Mommy said...

I like Cat Ballou, too. Checking out a cat name list, I liked Lorelie (check wiki, too much to type here).

Derby said...

Goodness, I missed a day checking in and a new kittie shows up! She looks cute and you pick whatever name you like best.

A Few Good Cats said...

Congratulations on the new addition! It's been our experience that if you ask very politely, the cat will tell you her name herself.

Good luck with the new lady cat, and we wish you all many many happy years together!

Cheysuli and gemini said...

This is so exciting for this meezer. I have no idea about names. I mean all my family were fantasy heros...

DaisyMae Maus said...

I like Ballou, too ... but it does remind me of "The Jungle Book," too. Hmmm ... She actually looks the color of heather in that photo ... Or maybe a lilac ... Hyacinth?
DMM

LC and Ayla said...

Ooh, "Heather" is really interesting! I like that one. "Heather Hyacinth Spencer"... I will try that out and see if New Kitty likes the name. Her mom's name is Heather...

The Big Thing

The Meezers said...

lookit the pretty baby. we like the hame Iza but also Heather is very nice. and Ayla's being a typical meezer getting all hissy

Lux said...

This is very exciting - she looks so cute in the pictures. I hope everycat gets along in no time!

Sassy Kat said...

Oh, how cute she is!!!!! I can hardly wait to see more photos of her. I think maybe you should post some photos and give her a few days so you can learn how her personality is, that might help with giving her a name. Then you even could have a little contest and then choose from the names given to the one you like best. Her big bright eyes, I must think of something in a name that reminds me of her beautiful eyes.
Congrats on the new one!

THE ZOO said...

we hope all goes well wiff tha new kitty. her eyes are huge in the pic under yur bed. shes bery cute.

The Island Cats said...

This is so exciting! We hope the intros go well! New cat is such a purrty girl!

Cliff and Olivia said...

Ooh, a kitty. We want a kitty. Humans - are you listening. WE WANT A KITTY.

Concatulations. Enjoy your new friend.

Cliff & Olivia

Gretchen and Mike said...

Oh, how thrilling! you got another meezer in the house. Poor Alya, though. She'll come around and like the new meezer as much as you and LC doo. I like Iza Meezer for her name. Can't wait to see pictures.

Hugs...Gretchen and Mike