Sunday, February 01, 2009

A Day In The Life Of The Big Thing 2

THE BIG THING: Afternoon:

After we are all up for a few hours, I let LC and Ayla outside if it is above freezing or not raining. Iza is going crazy wanting to get outside with them. I have carried her out on the deck a few times to sniff the air and look around. Maybe that was a mistake. But Iza enjoys it. I put her paws down in the snow yesterday; she didn't like that at all. So she hasn't rushed the deck door quite so much since. She will love Spring...

In the daylight hours, Ayla and Iza like to lap-nap. They haven't figured out how to do it at the same time though. Too much claw taps and ear-bites. So it is only one at a time. I sit and watch science shows (taped) after lunch, so they both get lap time. Ayla has learned to really sack out, but Iza is a bit bitey before she settles down. And when she naps, she is dead to the world for an hour. I have learned to plan for that (beer and snacks before she hops up). LOL!

LC won't do the lap business, but she likes to sit on the ottoman near me and get scritched. So I move the ottoman to where I can reach her when Ayla or Iza are on my lap. LC loves that. It is cute. LC won't do "lap", but she will reach her paws out and tap me for attention. Best she can do, I guess. Skeeter was my cat and LC was Skeeter's cat. She never learned "lap-time".

Poor LC, she can't get over the fence anymore. I've watched her try the past few months. She gets halfway up and loses her momentum. I'm glad she can't, but I feel sorry for her. Ayla goes over the fence like she is just levitating. I wish she couldn't get over it either. I feel better when they stay in the yard.

When it gets dark, I will let LC out, but not Ayla, and Iza doesn't get to go out yet. LC only stays out 15 minutes; she is getting older. It is tricky keeping Ayla and Iza inside while letting LC in or out. 3 cats and one door, two hands...

Tommorow, "Evening"

6 comments:

Lone Star Purrs said...

Heck... I have a hard time with 2 hands, 1 door, & 1 cat (Kiara). She's my sneaky one. Meeko....not so much, but she does like to go outside with me for a little while.
~LSP Momma Becca

PS- We *sorta* figured out the 2 cats, 1 lap thing. One of us sits in the recliner, reclined, then get 1 on the lap and 1 on the legs. There is some hissing though. :-)

Alasandra said...

We thinks our Mommy needs a bigger lap. All 3 of us will not fit, we have tried. We don't mind sitting close to each other. We manage to be by Mommy when she sits in the chair in a half. Socks sits on her feets (which Mommy really likes as her feets get cold), Scylla gets the lap and Charybdis drapes herself on the back of the chair. Mommy claims she is being held prisoner as she can't move, except to pet us. Scylla bites when she wants more attention. ~S,S & C

The Island Cats said...

Sounds like you all are settling into a good routine...

Cheysuli and gemini said...

Our Iggy Cat could never jump a fence either--but he certainly could crawl through the tiniest spots under the fence!

Cory said...

Our fence has all sorts of spots where kitties can squirm under, no need for jumping.

meemsnyc said...

Iza, we don't blame ya for not liking the snow. We don't like it either.