Monday, February 02, 2009

A Day In The Life Of The Big Thing 3

The Big Thing:

Evening... Ahh Dinnertime. With Iza trying to get at my dinner! I always give the cats their dinner when I eat mine. I figure it's not fair for them to smell food and not get to eat. LC and Ayla know that they aren't allowed to eat my food up on tables. Iza doesn't agree. So I have to watch my food around her constantly. She even tries to get at it while I am right there. If I have to leave the room, I have to close my food in the microwave...

Apparently, she was raised on dry food, so anything "real" is just too tempting.

She is getting used to the "rules" though, so lately she just sits on my knee and sniffs. Kitties in this house don't get Bein food from the plates on tables. They "sometimes" get some meat scraps tossed from the kitchen prep counter to the floor. But never from the table. And they know never to get up up the counter. Actually Ayla jumped up on a kitchen counter and all I had to do was look and her and she jumped off.

Then comes FRAP time (Frenetic Random Activity Period). Evening is the only time LC will play with toys, (and I give her special attention for that) but Ayla and Iza have taken it over. They go crazy in early evening!

I have had many cats in my life who played with toys. But Ayla and Iza have made it a 3 dimensional game. The non-siamese played with toys or with each other on the floor. Ayla and Iza see the play world in 3 dimensions! When they start to chase each other around there is no height they will not run along and leap from. When they run around they are higher than me as often as lower!

They both have bell collars. In the evening, it is "jingle bells, jingle bells" all evening. I LOVE it!

They eventually collapse, and I get them on my lap again (one at a time). I'll bet that I get them both on my lap in a month...

And then it is back to the night-time cycle...

6 comments:

Alasandra said...

Scylla & Charybdis play in 3 dimensions too. Mommy thinks they have spidey feets cause they bounce off the walls, and we all thought Scylla was going to make it to the ceiling one time when she was chasing the red bug.

Being an older cat I (Socks) don't get as active but I still do vertical jumps from time to time. It's really funny when one of the girls are chasing me to jump straight UP and then pounce on them when they run under me. ~Socks, Scylla & Charybdis

Cheysuli and gemini said...

Ah young Meezers--aren't they the most wonderful cats?!

Shadow / Molly said...

We run and chase but not wif toys! It must be a meezer fing.

Zoey and the furballs (the Zoo Crew) said...

Hey, we're back and we just got so see our first picture of Iza. She's beautiful!

Parker said...

I'll bet evenings are a lot of fun at your house!

Sunny's Mommy said...

That was interesting reading about the routines you and the kitties have.

Both our girls will get in your plate if given a chance. Ollie just likes to smell what's on the plate. Rascal, however, feels free to help herself if it smells good. She especially loves ham and turkey.