Saturday, February 07, 2009

I Feel SO Ugly...

IZA: I am all tied up in the UGLIEST cloth a cat efer wore! I was asleepin onna table when The Big Thing started handlin my paws. I dont mind that much (unlike LC an Ayla). But then I realized I was gettin all wrapped up! TBT tried that afore and I hissed an struggled. I even clawed him a bit.

Well, this time I was all sleepy an dint suspect what he was doin. I started squirmin but he grabbed my head an said "Its this or the cone. You were bitin at yer stitches again today"! That dint sound like a good choice, an while I was tryin ta figure out what ta to, he had it on me an all tied up.





He said it was jus a "first try" like I may hafta do this again? He distracticated me with a toy mouse an took a coupla pictures.

He let me down onta the floor an I tried ta walk around. It did NOT feel right.



I tried walkin, but one side is tight an makes me wanna scooch sideways efry step. At least my butt seems free of cloth!

I chased a mouse he tossed an fergot about the scooch fer a minut. Well, its better than the cone, but Im still fightin it.

I got a front paw out, so he used another shoelace. That stopped me fer a hour.



Then I got both front legs out later, but I cant get the back legs loose. He tried 3 times ta get my front legs ta stay in, but I kept gettin them loose.

So he gave up on that an tied more shoelace through the front legholes an onto my collar.

He looked at me an said that iffen I escaped from the house an a neighbor found me, the police would visit an I wouldnt get any dinner cause they would "haul him away". I thought about that fer awhile and decided dinner was important.

If I can get outta this on my own, then that doesn't involve the Police, right? An I still get Dinner? I mean, this isnt a real fashion statement, an nothing hurts, but it sure is annoyin. AND UGLY!

THE BIG THING: Well, it has been aninteresting day, but it seems the garment is functioning. That's about all I can say for it though. It is keeping Iza's stitches covered without hurting her, and that's the essential thing. However, now that it is ON her, I think I can start to make some adjustments after she is used to having a garment on her. I can punch a few more holes in the top, tie them separately, make some adjustments, and then remove the "desperation" laces currently holding her into this garment.

I want to thank Darling Millie and Derby for sending us to websites of 2 other people who tried similar alternatives to neck cones in slightly different (and far better) ways. Millie has a friend who simply cut the cloth to leave on cloth ties that allow for easy fitting to the cat's shape (and used more of them than I did lace holes). Derby has a friend who used a "baby onesie" on her cat. That looks like a GREAT idea, and I will probably go buy one tomorrow.

.

16 comments:

Cory said...

Oh Iza...even in that silly looking garment, you are still quite beautiful.

To the Big Thing: Don't tell Iza but my mom was laughing her head off! We hope it works!

Cheysuli and gemini said...

Yes that is Jackie and Tig! We didn't have a link for you yesterday.

However, if this works and hopefully your situation will not be as long term as Tig's!

A Few Good Cats said...

Hmm, a cat always needs things that are stylish and fashionable, and that -- that THING -- doesn't come close to fitting the description. Poor Iza... it's all about function, not fashion. Hopefully the alternatives Derby or Darling Millie recommended will be an improvement.

meemsnyc said...

Oh Iza, we love your homemade garment. Hehe, its cute on you. Hey, its better than the cone, right?

Alasandra said...

Well TBT doesn't have a career in high fashion in his future, but we thinks he came up with a good solution and you still looks pretty Iza. Maybe Daisy will have some ideas about a fashionable alternative. She always has the prettiest clothes. We likes the way they looks on her, we have NO WISH to wear any though and we told our Mommy so very clearly, so she is impressed TBT managed to get you in your shirt creation. ~S,S & C

Gattina said...

Poor Iza I can understand that you don't like your dress, but it's necessary ! be patient and the stitches will heal and in a short time everything is forgotten.

Daisy said...

Well, Iza, it is definitely more fashionable than a big cone!

China Cat said...

Oh, I'm sorry you have to wear that but you are still quite beautiful! I think that I would rather wear that rather than try to deal with a cone!

Purrrrrrrrs, China Cat

Sunny's Mommy said...

Iza, you do not look happy. But he's doing this to help you, and you won't have to wear it for too long ;-)

The Island Cats said...

We think this is much better than wearing that cone thingey...even though you don't look too happy, Iza...remember, it's temporary!

Zoey and the furballs (the Zoo Crew) said...

I know it's torture, but it's all for a good cause Iza. Hang in there.

Zoey and the furballs (the Zoo Crew) said...

I know it's torture, but it's all for a good cause Iza. Hang in there.

The Furry Kids said...

TBT, you are a great kitteh parent. The Mom is in awe. When I had stitches, she just left the cone off of me and watched me like a hawk. It stressed her out. heh heh Iza I hope your tummy feels better soon. Don't bite your stitches, though, ok? I know they get itchy, but they need to be left alone.

EG

William said...

Iza, it won't be forever. It will really help you heal.

TBT, pretty clever!

THE ZOO said...

poor Iza. lave tha shirt on fur now and yoo will get it off sooner if yur stitches heal.

Derby said...

Hey you could make it from an old tie dyed shirt or a hawaiian shirt. Fancy and colorful. This will only have to last a few days, then Iza should be OK. Good Luck.