Tuesday, February 17, 2009

NO CONE - NO GARMENT - NO BIG COLLAR

IZA: I'm FREE! No cone. No big aflatable collar!

"I see a dime,
I see a dollar.
I see me
Wifout a COLLAR"

Well, my pretty purple one is back. but thats OK. I can lick an scratch around it an I like the way it looks on me. An I sure did a LOT of scratchin! But first, I hafta say I wouldnt let The Big Thing put the redesigned baby onesie on me at all. So no pics of THAT. He is gonna give the other 4 onesies ta charity. He says it will be amusin to use the cut-up one fer spills (though he may mount it on the wall as "Jack the Ripper Escapes His Baby Clothes" or "Alien's Baby Onesie").

But I did let TBT put the T-Shirt garment on (that one's harder to fight). So when I arrived at the Vet, at least I wasnt wearin the cone, but was wearin somethin that showed I had not been allowed ta eat my stitches. They all oohed and aahed at the garment.

They efen said they been lookin fer something like that ta buy (good-lookin, not like mine) so if annyone knows a source, we got a customer...

So I got out of the garment an the Vet started ta remove the stitches. I was very good about it, though it felt funny.

[The Big Thing: She squirmed and fought like a Boa Constrictor/Octopus. It took 2 of us to hold her down while the vet merely snipped the stitches. And that was just cutting the wire stitches loose. When it came to pulling them out she hardly noticed. She just didn't want to be held by strangers. Or maybe she protects her tummy carefully (I've got scars to prove that)]

Iza again: But the itchies are all gone. I got pictures!

I spent a hour licking my furs inta place again an scratchin at places I couldnt get at fer 2 weeks!

I went at my shoulders.



I went at my neck.



I went at my tender tummy!



I went at my toesies.



I finally fell asleep from all the happy-licking...



I slep fer 5 hours, then hopped up on TBT while he was watching TV fer 2 more hours.

Tomorra, I've gonna chase Ayla all roun the house... She been THoE 2 days alone an needs my support.

13 comments:

meemsnyc said...

Iza you are soooo cute. That is so great that you have no more cone to deal with!! Awesome.

Parker said...

Yay for you!

Karen Jo said...

Yay for no more itchy stitches and freedom at last! I'm sure Ayla will be glad to have you join her in THoE. I have given you an award.

Alasandra said...

Yes!!!!! Iza is free. We are very happy for you. ~S,S,C & F

Cheysuli and gemini said...

The nerve of keeping you from your bath! I am glad you can do that now!

Daisy said...

Hooray! I am glad you are free at last, Iza!

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

So glad you are feeling better!!!

Sunny's Mommy said...

Congratulations on no more cones, collars or garments! I'm glad you were such a good girl at the V E T.

Nina the Torbie said...

Oh, hello Iza! It's very nice to meet you! I wore a collar for a few days, but (don't tell) Mom took it off as long as I promised not to itch my eyes. And my eyes got all better anyway! You are a pretty girl. I'm sure you'll be getting along with LC and Ayla soon... we were all kittens once.
Purrs,
Nina

Shaggy, Scooby and Scout said...

Good girl with all the grooming! It really took a long time and a lotta spit to get your pretty furs back in A-1 condition!

Tyler said...

Ah Sweetie, I can almost imagine how good it felt to be free. Beans sure are strange in the things they put us through...dresses, doughnuts, collars, your Big Thing seems to have a strange imagination. Hopefully he'll use his creativity to bring good to the kitty world instead of finding new ways of torturing you. You're just a kitten so I want you to know that what you went through this past ten days or so isn't quite normal. You know, I'm a guy so I didn't have that ladygardenectomy but I was operated on before I met my mom, and umm, they didn't put any of those things on me at all. Keep an eye on that guy is all I'm saying. If he continues to torment you, just put the word out. Your friends will come to your rescue.

The Furry Kids said...

Congratulations on getting your stitches out! I'm glad you got your furs groomed back the way they need to be. :)

Love,
Tazo

The Island Cats said...

Aw, Iza! We are so happy you don't hafta worry about that cone thingey anymore!!!