Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Surprise!

THE BIG THING: "It was a typical morning around the house in this quirky metropolis called Waldorf (named after the salad I'm sure). I got up around noon, fed the cats their daily Fancy feast, and did the usual washing and dressing. The cats had been all over me during the night, which was normal.

"After I was up and about, I noticed LC out on the deck curled up on the plywood I keep out there on a short table as shelter from the rain when there is a surprise shower. Everything seems normal".



Or is it?

I looked at the security bar on the deck door and it was down. I leave it attached at night, but not in the daytime.

I channelled Detective Skeeter for some assistance. The connection was faint but clear.

He asked:

Skeeter: Did you let LC out first thing this morning? You usually do.

["Don't think so"...]

Skeeter: Did you leave her outside last night?

["Don't think so"...]

Skeeter: Did you perhaps leave the basement door cracked open? You have been known to do that!

["Well, I'm sure I didn't. Ayla is inside and she desperately wants to get outside and she is inside standing next to me. But I ran down the stairs to check. Nope, the basement door is secured".]

Skeeter: Well, have you checked inside for LC?

["Well, duh, she's asleep on the deck"!]

Skeeter: Are you sure?

["Yes, I'm looking at her".]

Skeeter: Check the bedroom...

[Do you know what I found in the bedroom?

Are you sure?

Are you REALLY REALLY sure?

I found LC asleep in the middle of the bed!!!]

Skeeter: Tap the glass and snap a picture!

["?"]

Skeeter: Be prepared fer a surprize!

YIKES!



That sure isn't LC! Thanks Skeeter...

I quietly let LC out of the basement door and waited for her to detect the ugly mancat wannabe suitor of Ayla. The action was too fast to photo, but she did puff up huge, did her Tigger-bounce onto him, scared the tootsie-rolls out of him, and chased him the full length of the yard til he desperately clambered over the fence and disappeared across the lawns. She spent 10 minutes marching back and forth along the back fence, then came trotting home tail held high!

I encouraged Ayla and Iza into the bedroom and closed the door. LC got LOTS of HAM cubes all to her self and I gave her chin and ear scritchies for a half hour (her choice)...

12 comments:

Zoe and Indy said...

aw that's so sad...poor guy.

Camie's Kitties said...

We are glad that LC ran him off, but he looks like he needs a friend.

Tavi, Cody, Camie and Miss Jade

Gattina said...

Hahaha ! I imagine the scene, could have been here ! but the little guy is not ugly he has such a funny face !

Alasandra said...

We thinks he is cute. ~S,S,C & F

Cheysuli and gemini said...

LC he is quite an LC look alike when he is snoozing. I am glad you scared him off.

Sunny's Mommy said...

Good job, LC running off the intruder mancat!! I'm glad you got rewarded with lots of ham :-D

Cory said...

But what if Skeeter sent him....??

PB 'n J said...

That's some great Detective work TBT, thank goodness Skeeter is always around to help!

Way to go on getting rid of that introoder LC!

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Yikes!!! That was a pretty scary surprise!

LC you still got it!!!

Purrs Goldie

Derby said...

Way to go LC, scare that intruder away.

Tyler said...

Well done LC. You don't want Ayla getting any unwanted attention. But he was fairly cute. Do you think he has a forever home? I'm a little bit worried about him.

Gretchen and Mike said...

LOL...way to go Ayla!

Hugs...Mike