Friday, March 13, 2009

A Little Outside Time...

THE BIG THING: Well, we all went outside yesterday and had a nice time watching the new crocuses coming up and the birds and squirrels going around the yard.

Ayla and Iza found something of interest among the azaleas. I assume it was a mouse, since I didn't see a bird fly out when they ran in. But neither of them emerged with a mouse either.



LC was searching around for the best grass to chew on. When she found it near a nice clump of crocuses, I took a picture.



Here it is a bit larger. I'm saving that one full size (844 KB) for next year's calender.



Ayla and Iza presented another good picture. They were apparently guarding the bird feeder from opposite sides. I'm not sure whether they are protecting it from the birds or the squirrels!



Aylas is in heat again. She was "in" for 11 days, "out" for 6 days, and now back "in". I don't mind much in the daytime (except it is tricky keeping her inside the house when I let LC and Iza in and out). But she has been louder and more active at night this time.

12 comments:

DaisyMae Maus said...

Goodness, Ayla must really hate the fakey-fakey heats all the time. What a bother for her. I'm so glad that my spay took the first time an' I don't hafta go through all of that. Wish her some calmness from me.

Pretty crocus. We have the weather for 'em, but Mom didn't plant any. Our sweet peas are going crazy though an' they smell awesome.

Happy Spring (almost)!
DMM

Alasandra said...

The crocuses are lovely. We love the color.

We are sorry Ayla is in heat again that must be a pain for you both. We are so glad that none of us have every been in heat.

~S,S,C & F

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

Hey! Iza and Ayla look like a couple of lions prowling the savanna in that first picture!

Cheysuli and gemini said...

Happy happy spring! I wish the vet had an answer for you about Ayla! How frustrating.

The Island Cats said...

Pretty flowers! We don't have any flowers yet...it's still too cold here!

Lux said...

What a great place to find mous ... er, to explore! Looks like you all had a great day! :)

Oliver said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Alanna

http://www.craigslistsimplified.info

Gattina said...

My cats too enjoy the first signs of spring and a little higher temperature. Rosie is in super form !

Camie's Kitties said...

It looks like everyone had a great time outside. We love the picture of LC with the crocuses. They are so pretty. We can't grow bulb flowers here because it doesn't get cold enough.

Tavi, Cody, Camie, Miss Jade and NK

Shaggy, Scooby and Scout said...

Those flowers are so pretty! What a nice shot of color for winter weary eyes!

Parker said...

Poor Ayla, poor you!

Daisy said...

LC looks so pretty next to the crocuses!

Poor Ayla. I hope things get straightened out for her soon. It's such a puzzle!