Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Odd Case Of Princess Ayla...

AYLA: Sometimes when I mention bein in heat again, there are some questions about why The Big Thing doesn't just have me spayed. I should explain...

I sure would like not to have all this bother all the time. I don't eat much when I'm all "bothered", an Im not allowed outside. I really miss that. An I annoy efryone inna house when Im that way.

But I was spayed. In fact, TWICE! I was spayed in January last year, the day I came to The Big Thing's house ta live wif Skeeter and LC. But, for some reason, it dint work. After it dint werk the first time, the vet said it might happen a couple times but then stop. Well, I dint have much trouble affer a couple of Big Moons and not at all all Summer. But it started again in the Fall.

Affer a couple more times, TBT contacted the original vet and he did a second operation in December last year. Apparently that dint werk either, cause I am in heat more weeks than not. Im gettin REAL tired of it...

TBT says Im a Permanent Princess cause I wanna be a Queen, but cant ever be. He doesnt laff quite right when he says that.

If annyone knows annything about my problem, I sure would like some advice!

AYLA

7 comments:

Camie's Kitties said...

Ayla, we were thinking that you seemed to be in heat more than you were out lately. We hope that someone can help you. Unfortunately, we don't know anything about it.

Purrs.

Tavi, Cody, Camie, Miss Jade and Gracie

One-Eyed Jack said...

Poor Ayla! We dunno either! I had my ladiegardenectomy the day I came to my new forever home and I never got all bothered at all.

We sure hope someone cane figure it out.

It's nice to meet you Iza! Headbutts to Ayla and LC and the Big Thing for Skeeter.

~Jack

Kaze, Latte, & Chase said...

We were thinking yesterday about your problem....is there any way the vets could give you some "birth control"? They have it for horses and it is called Regumate and it keeps them from going into heat at all. It is bad for female humans to touch but I don't think TBT would have to worry. Anyway, we don't know if it could work for kitties but we thought we would bring it up.

Kaze

Alasandra said...

We haven't got a clue how to help you Ayla. You are the first cat we know who was spayed and it didn't work. We purrs someone can find a solution for you. ~S,S,C & F

cyclone cats! said...

Hi and nixe to meet you Iza! We haven't visited anybody lateley so we didn't know you came to live here! (Sorry, we're so 'barrassed)

Thanks for visiting to wish a happee birfday last week!!

Dazey and Jesse

Cheysuli and gemini said...

Ayla, we hope that if you figure it out you let us all know. This is very frustrating!

Sunny's Mommy said...

Google feline ovarian remnant syndrome. It sounds like that is possibly what's wrong with her.