Monday, June 08, 2009

I Hunted Snipes Today

IZA: I was hafin trubble finding anny more mousies since that first one I got weeks ago, so Ayla tole me mebbe I would haf better luck findin Snipes. Cool, I wanna catch ANNYTHIN! But I tole her I had nefer SEEN a "Snipe", so she explained ta me that they are hard ta see cause their fevvers look like long grass. And they about the size of Robins but with long legs. But Iffen I sat real quiet fer a long time, I could hear them walkin around...

So she showed me a good place ta sit and wait, an I went there. Ayla said she would go inna house so as not to disturb that Snipes. That was nice of her.

Here I am sittin an waitin. I waited real good an quiet. I listened hard fer a long time. I watched real hard ta see iffen anny "grass" moved. I dint see anny. It was REALLY boring. I finally gave up.

Tomorrow, what happened when I went inna the house...

8 comments:

The Island Cats said...

We never seen a snipe before either...but we can't wait to hear about what happened when you went back in the house...

Cory said...

Oh Iza...was Ayla pulling your paw?

Teri and the cats of Furrydance said...

You look very watchful! We are sure you will catch something...but prolly not a snipe, MOL

THE ZOO said...

we nefur seen one of them before efur.

A Few Good Cats said...

Oh, Iza, we think Ayla was playing a joke on you. But we do like that pose of you in the tall grass.

Cory said...

Hi! We're back. On our busy (bizzy) box we like the round holes and the one shaped like a rounded x the best. We are not big fans of the long narrow holes...but then that might make fishing out the toys too easy!!!

Daisy said...

Daisy's mom here:
That brings back memories! When I was little, my dad took me and my 2 brothers out after dark to go "snipe hunting." He had us hold open a brown paper grocery bag. Soon we heard a loud "snap" and he told us to close the bag so the snipes wouldn't get away.

The Furry Kids said...

Our uncle hadded mama go on a snipe hunt once. It didn't turn out well. We hopes you have better luck!