Wednesday, June 03, 2009

More Trainin

IZA: Sigh, Ayla is much better a huntress than I an. I try hard, but it just comes natural ta her. I mean, most days, she just says "well, I think I will go get a mousie, and SHE DOES"!

When I try it is not very good. The Big Thing calls Ayla "Running Chetah". He calls me "Waddling Cow". He says the only things I am good at hunting are his toes and fingers! Waah... Like it is MY fault I look more like a football than a cheetah...

Well at least Ayla tries ta help me learn ta hunt. Here she is whispering me advice about where some mousies are. I snuck over there an tried ta pounce them, but they weren't there when I did. Ayla laffed an said they heard me coming 10 yards away.



I practice on the toy mousies in the house all day long, but it doesn't seem ta help very much. I AM really good with those. I can grab them round corners, catch them wif my claws in mid-air, and bat them inta sumbission REAL good. But it isn't the same wif da real mousies.

I gotta get real better wif them...

6 comments:

Alasandra said...

Oh Iza, you will get better with practice and practicing is FUN!!!!!!!

You do have to move silently though. It doesn't matter your size Scylla is the biggest and the most silent of us all. It used to be Socks but Mommy put a collar on him that jangles. ~S,S,C & F

The Creek Cats said...

We've never hunted a real mousie, but we are real good with the toy ones!

Milo and Alfie said...

We've never caught a real mousie either. But it's fun practicing wiv our toy ones!
Alfie is good at catching flies though!!!

meemsnyc said...

Oh Iza, practice makes perfect. I'm sure you'll be a good hunter soon.

Jan's Funny Farm said...

TBT calls you a waddling cow? When is the last time TBT caught a real mouse -- not one of your toys? Can he hunt any better than you? We didn't think so!

THE ZOO said...

sumtymes tha chase is worth more then tha katching. and itz gus exorcize too.