Friday, July 24, 2009

Excess Fur

LC: Wow, The Big Thing really knows how ta get excess fur off! I had developed clumps on my back legs an he got those off! Well, its my fault. I don't like being picked up or grabbed or anything like that.

But I have ta get a thyroid medicine twice a day. He useta just hide it it cream cheese and make me eat it, but lately he has some wet stuff he squirts down my throat. I don't like that, but I don't get ta choose.

So annyway, holding me for the liquid stuff, he noticed I had REALLY clumpy fur.

O Drat...

He held me in his lap and tried to brush them out. That dint werk cause they were really tight. So he used a comb. I dint like that. No, not at all. I even mewled a few times.



So then he got some Bein-quality little snips. That din't hurt anny, but I dint like it. an fought a lot. Let's just say it took 3 whole days ta get the furclumps out.


And he got better at brushing (holding the fur before he combed it so it din't pull the skin, ya know)? Well, I DID tell him ta do that...

But I feel SO MUCH BETTER now, and I'm glad he did it. I can lick my leg furs easily an they stay nice an smooth. I think iffen it happens again, I will not fight it so much.

Well, some, just for respect, but you know what I mean.

The cool thing is that all my lost furs go out in the compost ta go inna garden. So I become part of the garden. Neat!

8 comments:

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

Isn't it just the best feeling when your fur is all brushed and smooth and unclumped? Sometimes the Beins know best even when we fights 'em on things!

Reese =^..^= said...

That must feel so much better. You gots a good dad bein.

The Creek Cats said...

Yay for smooth furs!!!

Our mom puts our excess furs in the yard for the birdies to use in their nests!

Alasandra said...

Of course you have to put up a little fight for respect, but we thinks it probably feels better too. ~S,S,C & F

Lone Star Purrs said...

That happens to bof of us too! We WON'T let Momma near us wif scissors AT ALL to get them off. She'll try to do it while we are sleeping, but we are always sleepin' on the side she needs to get to. An since we's bof weigh 13+ lbs each wif full (sharp) claws, she usually doesn't fight us about them.

Glad yurs are all better though!
::purrs::
~Meeko & Kiara

Max said...

Wow. Kinda makes me glad I have really short hair. But I bet it feels good to have the knots and stuff gone.

Daisy said...

I'm glad you are feeling much better after getting all that deaded fur off you! I like that your old furs get to become part of the garden.

The Island Cats said...

Yeah, it may hurt a little while The Big Thing is getting it out, but it feels so good once it's out!!!