Saturday, September 26, 2009

Snorgle Fest

THE BIG THING: Some things are just too weird to be true. And some weird things ARE true...

I was bookended in bed by Ayla and Iza (not unusual in itself), and sat up very carefully. They were both on their backs snorgle-ready (as Iza often is but Ayla seldom is). And when I sat up, LC was against the frame of the foot of the bed, laying on her back and purring.

It was enough to make me wish for a camera implant in my forehead.

You know of course, that the instant I moved in the slightest to go get the camera, LC woke up and ran away... I would have given gold for that picture of her that way alone, never mind all 3 of them at once.

Terrible poetry follows, but the best I can do right now...

Ayla to the left of me,
Iza to the right of me,
Snorgle-ready kitties purring like thunder.

But there at the foot of the bed sat SHE
Who never ever sits snorgaly, LC
Purring like a kitten.

How dare I move, I thought.
How dare I not move besot
With the idea of a precious rare camera-shot.

Slight though my movements were,
Such slight move disturbed her so.
Even then LC awoke and departed.

Sad were my thoughts that ere,
Without my camera there,
Only the memory now will abide.

LC in such repose,
That's how the day can go,
Missing great shots of her is now a sad routine.

-------

That deserves to be ridiculed, and I wouldn't mind it.

LC was in full Monty Q, asleep against the frame of the bed, as I have never seen her before. All I have now is a memory. LC on the bed is rare enough. LC on the bed asleep, purring, and feeling safe on her back is nearly unbelievable.

I'm glad I had this glimpse of a rare moment. I wish I could have shared it with all of you. I may start sleeping with the camera at hand...

10 comments:

Cat with a Garden said...

You know, we think this camera inplant can actually be done already. Hihihi. No honestly, what a great moment. You described it so well that you did share it with us. That must have been bliss!

Cheysuli and gemini said...

Oh what a special day! I am so surprised that sometimes they just decide to do something out of character!

The Island Cats said...

Glad you got to experience that even though you couldn't document it with a photo!!

Our dad tells our mom she should have her camera in her pocket or somewhere on her at all times just to catch those special moments of us.

Reese =^..^= said...

I'm so glad you got to witness that moment!

Alasandra said...

Sorry you didn't get the picture. I know you would have treasured it always.

I missed a fantastic picture of Whiskers and my eldest son because I had let hubby take the camera to Japan with him. I can still see it in my mind, but oh I wish I had the picture. ~Alasandra

Parker said...

Mommy knows how you feel, but at least you have the snapshot in your mind!

♥Da fambly cat-a-blog kitties♥ said...

PURRty good poetry and - a camera in your head - now we just KNOW that there would be a market fur that - we just KNOW.

Please come to our blog today to support a furry imPAWtant cause fur us companion animals.

Angus Mhor said...

Angus' Mom says: Mark, that is such a rare gift. I'm glad you woke to such a picture. I'm sorry, too, that we don't have cameras in our foreheads! If only our memory didn't fail us...

BTW-That WAS BAAAAAAA-AAAAD! :p

Name: Mr. Hendrix said...

aw, that is so sweet. putting such a nice moment to words. purrrrs

you'll always remember that moment with this poem even with no photo.

Shadow / Molly said...

Now dat is truely a moment! Yoo wudnt catch us doin dat.