Saturday, October 31, 2009

My Gotcha Day

LC: Today is my 16th Gotcha Day! HURRAY... We are all getting a live dead SHRIMP an HAM fer my party taday! Im lookin forward ta THAT.

But I feel a little sad about today. Its my first ever Gotcha Day wifout Skeeter. Here is my 1st Gotcha Day wif him (well a few days after)...

He was sucha good wunnerful Big Broffer! Took care of me right from the 2nd day. Let me curl up an efrything! I loved him from the beginning an all the 15 years after. I sure miss him.

It woulda been his 17th. Well, I guess it still is, but ya know what I mean... At least I know I'll see him again sometime. The Big Thing says mebbe Skeeter will whisper in my dreams tonight an tell me how much fun he is havin over the Bridge.

TBT says he gotta surprise fer me, but I wont know what it is until 2 days. That sounds ecitin!

Thanks evrykitty fer comin by an cellybratin wif me!

AND: I wanna thank Zoolatry for this wunnerful graphic she sent me as a present!

Is that COOL or what? Wow, ME on CNN!

And Oh yes it WAS the best day. Ya see, The Big Thing came inta the pet shop looking fer a kitty ta be friends with Skeeter (course, I dint know that then). I was sharin a cage wif this bootiful calico princess what efry Bein wanted ta take home. But when they were told she was sold fer a wedding gift, no one wanned me. Cause I hissed and grabbed the cage sides opposite from the Beins.

But He wanned ME! Cause I was brave an fiesty and stuff. Well, it took them both ta pry my tiny claws offa the cage wire. AND ta stuff me inna box. But that was cause I dint know Beins could be "GOOD", ya know?

I hid fer a couple days unner beds and stuff, but Skeeter was patient and The Big Thing was patient, and I finally discovered that SOME kitties and SOME Beins were real friendly-like...

That was definitely the best day of my life. Skeeter licked me and purred with me an let me snuggle close ta him an all. An he pertected me from the mean kitty.

So this is my 1st Gotcha Day wifout him... I'm sad, of course, but also feelin taday is a celerybration fer him too.

So join us in a happy day fer me an a day of happyness about Skeeter too!

UPDATE: I haf been havin such a great day! So many friends have visited, we haf all been eatin great foods and jumpin in boxes an stuff. Some haf just sat wif me on the kitty condo an some have been runnin aroun wif Ayla and Iza! We all preciate the extra ham an nip that some kitties brought (we didt quite prepare enough ourselfs). Its been SUCH a great day altogether!

UPDATE: Wow, it was such a great Gotcha Day! I thanks all the kitties what came by ta visit an those what posted nice comments. I like that Ayla an Iza are all worn out from running around and doing THoE wif other young'ns; they shoud sleep all night an leave me in peace! Me, I'll snuggle up next ta The Big Thing tonite and sleep long an well...

This was the best day I've had in a long time , an I thank all of ya for it. I got more head-licks taday than in the pas Big Moon an it was so nice ta sit nexta adult kittiies an jus enjoy the company...

LC

26 comments:

Da Fambly Cat-a-blog Kittiez said...

♥♥♥HAPPY GOTCHA DAY♥♥♥

Karen Jo said...

Happy Gotcha Day, LC! I know that it is a bit sad without Skeeter, but I just know that he is watching the festivities from the Bridge and being very happy for you.

Angus Mhor said...

LC , my mom is helpin' me to send you happy gotchaday purrs ALL THE WAY FROM FLORENCE! That's in Italy on the otherside of a ginormous buncha Wet! I send you my bestest purrs for a lufferly day. My mom sends a hug for TBT and the gentlest of pets for you. And a good snorgle for those wee hellions what live with you. Ciao, Bella!

Cat with a Garden said...

We see that this is an even more special Gotcha Day than normal. Celebrate it in style, LC. We're sure Skeeter will whisper something in yoour ears tonight. Have a pawsome day!

Cat with a Garden said...

We see that this is an even more special Gotcha Day than normal. Celebrate it in style, LC. We're sure Skeeter will whisper something in yoour ears tonight. Have a pawsome day!

Parker said...

Happy gotcha' day LC - we love you and hope your special day is full of great treats!

Alasandra said...

Happy Gotcha Day. We loves ham & shrimp and we brought some fresh nip from the greenhouse to share. ~S,S,C & F

Fenris is going to curl up and go to sleep so he will not scare any of the other guest. ~Socks

Lone Star Purrs said...

Happy Gotcha Day LC!!! HOpe you haf a grate day!
::purrs::
~Meeko & Kiara

Happy Halloween!

Cheysuli and gemini said...

Happy Gotcha Day! I am sure that Skeeter is watching you and wishing you many more as he romps around over the Bridge.

I have extra ham though to make you feel better.

Shadow / Molly said...

Happy Gotcha Day LC! We is missin Skeeter wif yoo. We is so sure he is lookin down from his spot up at da bridge with pride fer yoo and TBT.

Purrs and headbutts

Daisy said...

Happy Gotcha Day, LC! I know Skeeter is looking down on you from the Bridge with a heart filled with love.

Jan's Funny Farm said...

Happy Gotcha Day, LC. sure is nice to have so many warm memories of your brother Skeeter.

Anonymous said...

LC,
Happy Gotcha Day!!! We're sure Skeeter is there with you on this Halloween. We're sure such a big mancat won't leave you on this scary night. Many more Gotcha Day's to come!

Beverly, Smokey, and Purrl.

Derby said...

Happy Gotcha Day to you LC and Happy Halloween to you all.

Great party and I love everyone's Gotcha Day stories.

Say hi to Skeeter when he comes by.

The Island Cats said...

Happy Gotcha Day, LC!! We bet Skeeter is thinking about you and watching you from the Bridge! Enjoy your shrimps and your ham!!

And Happy Halloween too!!

Wally, Ernie & Zoey

Zippy, Sadie and Speedy said...

Happy Gotcha Day LC. We just know Skeeter is watching over yoo and will surely whisper in yoor ear tonight about what a great sisfur yoo was to him and what a great sisfur yoo is to Iza and Ayla...we wish yoo a squillion more happy gotcha days.

Zoolatry said...

We're so glad he gotcha... happy day to all.

Gretchen said...

Way cool--Happy Gotcha Day LC!

Hugs

And Happy Spooky Night, too.

Name: Mr. Hendrix said...

Happy Gotcha Day LC! We're so happy TBT gotcha too. We're sad you're celebrating without Skeeter being officially there, but his spirit and love will always be with you.

He was a great big brother for sure, but you were a wonderful little sister to him. And fiesty! purrrrrrrrrrrrrrs

William said...

Happy gotcha day, LC!

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

I'm glad you had such a happy Gotcha Day! I bet Skeeter whispers some good stories to you in your dreams tonight :-)

Kaz's Cats said...

Happy Gotcha Day LC! We're sorry that we're a bit late, but we're glad that you had a great time. We understand that you must miss Skeeter, but we're glad that you're getting used to your new sisters and hanging out with them,

Purrs

Gypsy & Tasha

Cory said...

I can't believe we're late for the Gotcha Day party!!! Ok, round 2! Let's get started!

We love the story of how you were gotcha'd.

Cat of Nine Tales said...

Happy Belated Gotcha Day!

We would like to guess that you'll reach 50,000 visitors on December 27th.

~Lisa Co9T

Tiki (& sometimes Kesey) said...

Happy belated Gotcha Day, LC!!!

Samantha, Mr. Tigger and Maverick said...

Happy Gotcha Day LC!!! We know you had a great one!! So sorry we missed it!! Mom has a tired brain!! She didn't even realize it was Oct BD/GD's!! Hehehehehe!! Thanks for the comment!!
Your TX furiends,
Sam & Mav