Thursday, November 12, 2009

Dinner Toy Tossin

IZA: Well, me an The Big Thing got a routine at dinnertime. Its cool. He goes around an collects all my favrit toys (Squiggles, foam balls, rattley mice) on the old decrepit table next ta where he eats (We might get around ta esplainin why he keeps it sometime, but not now).

Then after we eat, he eats his foods while watchin the TV.

So while he does His eatin, he tosses my toys aroun the house. I bring them back (usually) an he tosses them all round again. That is SO COOL! I specially love carryin the Squiggles back an I drop them at his feet. He scratches my head an tells me what a GOOD GIRL I am. He surprises me by then tossin a differnt foam ball or rattly mouse and I go beat them up fer a while an bring them back. An Ayla sometimes joins inna fun. She doesnt bring the toys back to him like I do though.

It cant get better than THAT! Well, unless a sunpuddle would appear there at night wif a live mousie...

But I gotta ask ya. Is a Bein tossin toys around WHILE HE IS EATIN "great" or what? Do yours do that?

10 comments:

The Island Cats said...

That does sound like fun! Our beans don't do that for us...we'll hafta tell them to start!!

Derby said...

No mum usually just eats, then she tosses toys and such for me.

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

No, when The Woman is eating, you don't distract her from shovelin' it in.

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

That would be great fun!!! The PM is always telling the wee lad not to bring his cars/lego/books/figures to the table so I am figuring our toys would set a bad example.

Maybe I'll try her when she's having a solo snacking moment!

Angus Mhor said...

That IS cool, Iza. No, mom doesn't throw toys for me while she eats. She DOES share her potato chips with me, tho'. I like little crunchy things like that.

Shaggy, Scooby and Scout said...

Mom tosses toys at me. I sit about 6 feet from her chair and one by one she tosses the toys at me. Every now & then I'll bat at one. Then when the toys are all tossed, she has to gather them back into the basket and toss them again. I just look at her & blink.
We have an old beat up footstool that looks pretty much like that table. The people put pizza on it and set it in between their chairs when they watch a movie. -Scout

Karen Jo said...

Iza, that the Big Thing tosses toys for you while he eats is wonderful. Mark, do you really think that I should close the door on Herman when he first gets here? He has been shut up in one room by himself for months and I really dislike the idea of doing it to him again. I was planning on shutting the door but not latching it, so he could get out if he wanted to. If you think he would feel safer closed in, though, I will do it. That is what the foster lady suggested, as well. I would, of course, be spending time in there with him.

Cory said...

If my momma Ellie walks up with her foam soccer balls...mewing while she does it...dropping it at their feet...no matter what's happening mom and dad drop everything to toss it for her.

Tyler said...

No, when mom eats she doesn't like to be distracted. We're afraid she might chomp on our paws or something if we were to interact with her while she has food. Besides none of us go for the small kittie toys. We like anything on a stick. The other night mom brought home a sqeaker on a stick. We all love chasing after that mouse. No matter how hard me try, we can't kill him.

Iza, you are a special girl if you know how to fetch. We have cousin d. o. g. s. that do that sort of stuff, but we've never tried it.

PS Thanks for the birthday wish. My own mom forgot about it, sad, huh?

LC, Ayla, and Iza said...

Tyler - The Big Thing is super-good about Gotcha Days, but really weak on Birfdays. He loses track of ours too. Well, it makes some sense. He was there fer our Gotcha Days, but not fer our Birfdays.

And he says Gotcha Days are lots more important. We agree... ;)