Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Raccoon!

IZA: Wow! First we had a possum visit our deck and now a raccoon! I knew right off that I dint wanna play with THIS one. It was twicet big as me, had long sharp teef, and it looked REAL hungry...

I mean, I'm brave and all, but that thing dint seem like it would run iffen I chased it. The Big Thing saw it first. I was nappin on his lap. He woke me up real fast (never a good thing) and carried me ta the deck door. I was a bit sleepy, so it took me a minnit ta see what he was tryin ta get me ta look at. THEN I was all awake!

It came right up to the door and tapped at it trying ta get in. It wanted ME! I consider it the height of composure that I dint pee right on the floor. Well, I couldnt back away cause The Big Thing was aholdin me like LC when she is getting her meds.

I was serious nervous at first, but then I realized TBT wasnt the least bit askairt an wanned me ta watch it fer future reference.

So I watched it walk around our deck until it got all bored an left. TBT said it was a "nature lesson" Yeah, I got the idea. Iffen I see one of those things outside, RUN LIKE HELL!

Too bad the flashy camera wasnt in reach... TBT says he is gonna get one he can keep inna pocket just for times like this. And one that takes close upshots from far away. An one that takes moving pictures too. Wow...

Annyway, I wish he had the little pocket one tonight. That wouldda been great!

At least I whapped the door real hard a coupla times as it was leavin ta let it know I dint want it comin back here... I fuzzed up real big too. It saw me and hurried up its pace. It better not come back!

10 comments:

Daisy said...

Iza, I sure would have fuzzed up over that raccoon, too! ::shivers::

Cheysuli and gemini said...

How exciting to see a raccoon! We had a family run through our yard once! They are quite big.

The Island Cats said...

We bet it won't come back if it saw you all fuzzed up!!

We had some vishus deers in our yard yesterday!

Cory said...

We have a family of them living in our trees! Mom gets mad if they come near the house. I close my eyes so I don't have to look at them.

Max said...

I woulda fuzzed up AND growled. Just because.

Angus Mhor said...

Good for you, Iza! I'm sure that raccoon went back and told every other critter to avoid your back yard 'cause of the GINORMOUS cat that lives there!

Maggie May said...

We have a raccoon that comes to eat on our porch sometimes!

LC, Ayla, and Iza said...

Oh, I growled too. I even Yowled! Ayla and LC even backed away. Well, it seems I'm the big cat in the fambly, so I gotta stand our ground...

Made me a bit nervous though. I'm glad The Big Thing was there. I'm not used ta this job...

Iza

Tyler said...

Oh Iza how exciting! I'm glad you whapped the door to let him know he's not welcome at your house. I wonder if he and the possum are in cahoots? You know are they planning on robbing the place the next time The Big Thing leaves you alone?

Shaggy, Scooby and Scout said...

We haven't seen too many possums this year, but we get them & racoons on our deck too.
Last year there was one, had to be 30 pounds! And he was tall when he stood on his back legs to look at us looking at him!
Then he waddled off.
Good job holding your ground Iza, (and we're glad you didn't pee.)