Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Skeeter Is Talkin Ta Me

LC: No really, I been hearing Skeeter in my head again lately. He says it is time ta join him over the Bridge. He says I can decide the time an there is no rush, but I should start thinkin about it.

Hes got a good point. I'm so tired these days. Going out onna deck is about all I can do. Some days I see the birdies inna trees, but some days I see the Bridge. Skeeter tells me it wont be too much longer. I hardly even wanna get ta the litterbox these days. I do, cause I've always been a clean kitty, but its gettin harder.

The Big Thing says it is OK, cause he knows how difficult the thyroid thing is makin my life   He knows I hate the oral meds twicet a day, an he hates making me take them, but he says he will do that as long as I want him to, and gladly.  I appreciate that.  I do like ta sit on his lap more often the past year, cuz the strokin an scritchin feels good.  Attention is allus good!

But still, I feel so strange these days.  I'm so uncomfortable alla time an I dont sleep well.  Not much appetite either.  Stinky Goodness just doesnt smell as good as it used to, ya know?  TBT comes lookin for me at meal times an hasta put the bowl unner my nose afore I notice its food.  Ayla an Iza tell me theirs tastes an smells great, so it must be me.




When I do sleep, I dream of wide green meadows full of frogs and mousies.  And being 2 years old again.  And nappin with Skeeter like I did for so many years.

12 comments:

Parker said...

Oh LC, I am sorry that things are getting harder. I know that TBT must be feeling very sad - please know that we are sending gentle hugs and purrs to you.
(((hugs)))

Maggie May said...

*tears* We are sending comforting vibes to you and TBT. We know this is hard for both of you. (((hugs)))
~Maggie May and The Creek Cats~

Niko and Cloud said...

We are sorry to hear you aren't feeling so good, LC. Purrs to you and TBT.

The Meezers and Billy said...

awww LC, our mommy is leaking from her eyes. but we knows just how you feels - Trixie felted that 'zakt same way after Norton wented to the Bridge. we know it's ok to feel like you do and we just hope that when you run off it's nice and peaceful.

DesertRose said...

Awww. Well, LC, I hope when you do go over the Bridge that Skeeter is there waiting for you and that the meadow where you wait for Iza and Ayla and TBT is full of frogs and mousies.

*tears*

Alasandra said...

LC, we are sending hugs and purrs of comfort to you and TBT. Your kindness and support meant so much to us when we lost Charybdis. Selfishly we want to keep you around forever, but we understand if it is time for you to be with Skeeter again. You will always have a special place in our hearts. ~Socks, Scylla & Fenris

LC, even though I haven't had a chance to get to know you well being new and all I thinks of you as a friend. ~Artemisia

Max said...

Aw, LC... I'm really sorry things are getting so hard and uncomfortable. When you do go to the Bridge I'm going to miss you LOTS, but at least I'll know you'll be happy and healthy there, and you'll get to be with Skeeter again. And being with Skeeter is a mighty fine thing.

And ya know what? You got Iza and Ayla trained for your Big Thing really well, and they'll be able to sit on him and purr hard when you go, because even though he says it's ok, it's going to hurt his heart when you go.

I know you're gonna take the time to think about it, because even though the Bridge is an awesome place it's still scary to actually decide to go...just know we all got your back here, and the Big Thing will be ok even though he'll be sad. We'll all be leaky when you go...but we'll see you when we get there, too.

Cat of Nine Tales said...

Oh, LC! We know that laying in circle with your eyes open look. Moseley had it and so did Callie. We're so sad inside thinking of you and remember ours. Tears again. It's true, we wish we could keep you around forever, but we know, we know you've got to go.
That's all I can say...
~Lisa Co9T

Daisy said...

Oh LC, I'm sorry you are feeling so poorly lately. Soft purrs and headbonks to you.

Catline Crew said...

LC, we are so sorry you are having a difficult time. And our heart goes out to TBT. When you decide to meet Skeeter at the bridge, please give our Miss Stubby a hello. Sending you warm and peaceful purrs.

Cat with a Garden said...

Oh LC, it must be hard for TBT to see you uncomfortable. We don't know why mom's eyes are all wet, all WE know is that you have both a wonderful life AND the best furriend waiting for you at the bridge. Mom, will you stop making this noise please. We want you to feel good while your here with us and if you stop to feel good you will know it's time to join Skeeter. Those green meadows full of frogs and mousies need taking care of. Special noselicks to TBT.
Many purrs, Siena & Chilli

Jacqueline said...

This post made me cry--I'm so sorry life is so hard for LC...but I understand how hard it is to let go and am very sorry for that pain too.