Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Egg Carton Destruction

IZA:  I like chewy cardboards!  Paper towel tubes are good, toilet paper tubes are good, I bunnykick and gnaw on both.  Boxes are good too, I chew on those an like em perforated alla round the edges!

But nothin beats egg cartons!  OMB!  Thick but soft.  Eminently rippable!  Bunnykickable!  Ya can bat them, knock em done a stairs, or even carry them around!  Such perfection in a "found" toy...

It actally started many Big Moons ago...  I used ta watch The Big Thing drop the empty ones on the floor an then stomp them flat ta put inna recycling box.  Oh I envied watching him have fun doing that.  Then one day I realized I could have fun between the dropping and the recycling part!

So I waited  til he dropped another egg carton while I was there an told him I wanned ta play wif it a while first, an grabbed the carton.  He must not haf heard me, cause I almost got my paw stomped flat!  Sometimes hes not listenin, ya know?

But when he saw me playin wif the carton, he realized a new toy had been discovered, and he was pleased.  He let me tear it apart!  I got pretty good at it.

Heres some pictures of my egg carton fun...
 
  
  
  

Id show ya a picture of it torn ta shreds after I was COMPLETELY done with it, but it all turned into sucky machine food.  Ill try ta remind TBT ta take a picture of the remains next time...

UPDATE:  Here's the current shredding.  I got more ta chew apart, but I'm gettin there!

12 comments:

Lynx217 said...

I wish we were allowed to do that, but because of the twins' habits of at least appearing to eat things that aren't edible, we can't! Have some extra fun with the next one for us!

Nimbus

Brian said...

We never got to try one of those, but they sure do look like lots of fun...I best go scout around and see if there are any available.

Katnip Lounge said...

oh.
my.
cod.
We never knew! Mommy, are you going to the store anytime soon?
xx Lounge Kats

Amy and The House of Cats said...

That is so cool! We wish we could have an awesome toy like that, but our eggs come in a plastic carton (plus mom almost never buys them). But we bet we could convince her next time she does buy them. We will have to be sure she sees how much fun you have with it!!

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

That looks like a TON of fun! I gotta get mom to eat more egss.

Cheysuli and gemini said...

Wow--we'd get in trouble for that. Our old egg cartons save us .50 cents a dozen when we return them!

The Island Cats said...

Y'know...the best toys are those that aren't really supposed to be toys! You sure are having fun!

William said...

I wish we had those kinds of egg cartons! I bet I could have just as much fun!

Shaggy, Scooby and Scout said...

How excellent!!!!

Sweet Praline said...

Anything is fair game for a kitty toy.

meemsnyc said...

Wow, you look like you had a lot of fun with that egg carton. We'll have to try that here.

Cat of Nine Tales said...

That sounds like fun! But my egg cartons are plastic and not paper. Dang!
~Lisa Co9T