Thursday, April 29, 2010

Garden Thursday

IZA:  The Big Thing was workin inna yard today, an I went out with him.  It drives Ayla crazy cuz she isnt allowed out, so I seldom miss an opportunity...

He took some low branches offa tree, shoveled dirt inta a box fer the tomatoes, and pulled some weeds.  Boring...  But after that, he went ta the old compost bin and asked me for some advice.  He was thinkin of moving it but wasnt sure it was worth the effort.  So I checked it out..


I climbed inta this hole in the front and looked inside, but by the time he had the camera on, I was lookin out...


Well gee, even I can tell the thing is fallin over, and TBT cant get at the good stuff in the bottom.  Besides, there are vines growin all over it...


Hmmm, I see a good spot fer a new one.  But he's gonna hafta move another framed bed.  Well, it needs work annyway, so why not?


When he saw where I was lookin, he agreed that was a great idea!

14 comments:

Cheysuli and gemini said...

He is lucky to have you helping him! I bet your new spot is perfect!!!

Amy and The House of Cats said...

That is great that you are there to help out - we think that cats have great instincts on where to put things for a garden.

Brian said...

I'm sure you made the purrfect choice!

The Creek Cats said...

Looks like you had a pawsome time outside!

Katnip Lounge said...

We cats are naturals at outdoors feng shui. Of course you picked the best spot!
xx lounge kats

Cory said...

Nice work Iza...really, I don't know what our humans would do in the garden without our guidance.

xoxo Jonesie

Lisa, Jack and Baby said...

You are an excellent snoopervisor!

Karen Jo said...

Iza, you are the best garden snoopervisor ever. I bet you picked just the right spot to move the compost bin. I have given you and Ayla an award.

Herman

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

Yoo are an excellent gardening snooperviser! Fanks for the advice abot the carrot seeds ~ they will now get planted straight into the ground 'cos I don't want them to get all whiney!

Alfie Marshall xx

Millie said...

It's a good thing TBT had you around to help make those tough decisions.

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

Did you find anything tasty in the compost?

Pierro said...

Iza you are so lucky to be able to go outside with your dad. Wow. I like how your dad is very appreciative of your ideas and expertise

bonks!

Harry Spotter said...

What would they do without you. Hope you have a great weekend.

Jacqueline said...

Iza, what a great help you are to your Dad in the garden; Ayla will really be jealous when she realizes TBT took your advice!...xo...Calle, Halle, Sukki