Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Garden Thursday

IZA:  Since Ayla can't go out annymore, and I like to stick close to The Big Thing when outside (and snoopervise), it appears I am now the designated Garden Cat.  Well, it's a better name than "Pudge" or "Tick 'Tocks"...

The garden is just beginning to bloom, so there is lots to show.  Some will be in bigger blooms next week, so I'll save them though...

The small patch of purple Stachys and one Oenothera 'Cold Creek' look very nice today.  That one lonely Oenothera is the last of a larger patch from years ago (so I'm told - I wasnt here then).
It even hadda flutterby!
There is a tomato blossom already!
The Big Thing LOVES those maters!  I don't smell annything inneresting in them myself.  TBT says his Dad hadda cat once who liked them.  Go figure...

[Edit:  Oopsies - I got my days mixed up...  Iza]

17 comments:

Brian said...

Well you sure do have a nice looking garden! Our human love them maters too!

The Creek Cats said...

Those are some very beautiful blossoms!

AFSS said...

Mommy's cat Snowball used to like laying under the tomato plants. Apparently it was a good place to catch birds and squirrels. Mommy said she lived in the garden in the summer.

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

One of the Kittehs Who Came Before loved asparagus. My Human says that BooBoo would eat as many asparagus spears as the Human would let her have.

I think that's just crazy talk, though.

Derby, Ducky said...

Your garden looks good, mum doesn't to tamaters. If she eats them fresh her mouth gets all icky on her.

cclark0412 said...

CHASE THE FLUTTERBY!! EAT THE FLUTTERBY!!!

...Uh Iza, I meant you look like you're having fun in the garden!

Happy Wednesday!!

Nico & JayJay :)

Katnip Lounge said...

Iza,
You are so purrty in that first picture! Thanks for the tour.
Mommy misses home grown maters...they just don't grow well in Vegas.

Jacqueline said...

TBT has been working so hard in the garden and you are doing a great job snoopervising him, Iza=everything looks wonderful sweetie...What would TBT do without you?!...kisses...xo...Calle, Halle, Sukki

Jack, Persephone and Tenzing said...

My Mommy likes maters lots too.

'Pudge', huh? My mommy calls me that too. And 'heffalump'. And 'meatloaf'.

I don't know why Ayla says "it's not easy" for you to jump up. I bet you can jump up easy as pouncing when you want to! Wiggle-butting is just more fun!

~Persephone

Cheysuli and gemini said...

Such a lovely flutterby! And our maters are coming up too!

Lisa, Jack and Baby said...

Iza, you look happily tucked away amongst those plants. Your garden is starting to look nice with blooms.

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

Iza, we fink yoo make a great gardening cat. And we love yoor pretty garden.

The Misadventures Of Me said...

How bootiful all dem green fings to munch on. Yoo do get to munch on them dont yoo?

Molly
Shadow
Trooder

Karen Jo said...

You look great in the garden, Iza. The flowers are all so pretty. I like maters, too, but I am too lazy to grow them as yet.

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

We came over today (Friday) to wish yoor beautiful Angel a happy birthday at the Bridge. It's impawtant to remember those who went before.
Purrs.

The Creek Cats said...

Happy Purrthday at the Bridge, Angel LC.

Jan's Funny Farm said...

We came by to remember LC too.