Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tick Tock

IZA:  I'm not sure about mentionin this cuz its a little gross an embarassin, but I am an upfront kitty.  Just warnin ya that this may be a bit "strange".  You'll unnerstand why there are no pictures, though.

Well, it started last night.  The Big Thing was readin his noospapers and I climbed up to block his view like usual.  I turned around once, and he laffed an said I had a dingleberry.  Well, that was embarassin, so I left to take care of it.  I couldn't seem ta get it loose though.

The next morning, TBT said I still had it! I ran off at first ta make a last try at removing it.  I  even did the butt-scootch across the carpet (which always works) but it dint work...  I hated ta do it but I hopped back on the table and asked fer help.  Don't quote me on that or what follows, I'll deny it.

I HAD A TICK ON MY BUTT!  Right "there".  And he laffed about it til he almost passed out.  Yeah, really, he DID!  But at least he did help.  He went an got one of his weird tools.

Well, he got that mean old tick off so easily I could hardly tell it happened!  Though I did fight a bit about getting held down on my side (I dint know what he was doin, an I dint like that at all)  But he was really firm about it, an I know when he is THAT WAY, there isnt anny use in fighting.  He even looked at it unner a magnifying glass afterwards ta make sure its jaws were still attached (they were) before he deaded it.

I felt so much happier immediately!  I'd been SO itchy back there.  In fact, I was SO happy, I groomed his arms for as long as he let me (about 10 minutes, Beins got tender skin). 

Except NOW he is callin me "Tick 'Tocks"... 

21 comments:

Amy and The House of Cats said...

Oh no a tick - how awful! We hope you are ok now - we don't know too much about ticks but we have heard some bad stuff about them. We are very glad that The Big Thing got it off for you!! And don't worry, it isn't embarassing or anything because you are helping other kitties by letting them know that ticks can happen!

Cheysuli and gemini said...

Oh no! What a horrible place for a tick! I am glad you are okay.

Lynx217 said...

funny and skeery at the same time. we too are glad tbt got that bugger off of ya. it's one of the reasons tsb doesn't let us go out much.

Cat of Nine Tales said...

OMC! That is a great story! Sorry you had a tick, but it makes for a good blog post! TBT takes good care of you even if he laughs while he's doing it!

Be sure to stop by to see our post tomorrow (it's a funny coincidence).

~Lisa Co9T

Brian said...

Oh no! But that was a good save cause they can make you really sick. Please take care!

Jacqueline said...

We're so glad TBT helped you get rid of that awful tick; we've heard of some ticks that can make you sick...Don't worry Iza, it could've happened to any kitty that goes outside and at least it's gone now!...Kisses sweet girl...xo...Calle, Halle, Sukki

Sylvester, Camille and Ava said...

oh my! that had to be embarising and painfull. our human got a tick bite recently, there really bad this time of year!

The Island Cats said...

Yikes! Having a tick on your tocks sounds like no fun!! Glad TBT got it off!

And thanks for the tip about putting Ernie's purple ball in boiling water! It worked!!!!

Max said...

Heh. Tick Tocks, Heh.

Sorry 'bout that.

Glad he got it off you, though. It might have sucked all your blood out, and that sounds awful...

Cory said...

I'm afraid of ticks...TBT is a very brave daddy to take care of that for you!

Shaggy, Scooby and Scout said...

We are so glad he knew what to do and responded right away! Those ticks are so sneaky!

Derby, Ducky said...

EWWWWW. Glad the TBT got it off for you. Itchy butts are not good.

Jan's Funny Farm said...

Oh, no! We're so glad TBT finally figured out the problem and fixed it.

We assume from your comment that you are actually Cats FOR Clay. That's okay, you're entered anyway. :)

Sweet Praline said...

Oh no! A tick! Do you go outside?

cclark0412 said...

What a harrowing experience Iza! We were on the edge of our seats reading about it - SO glad there was a happy ending, even if it was a little embarrassing!

Jay has an obsession for plastic bags, rubbing on them & looking inside. A lot of times he'll get the bag stuck around his neck & sometimes he even runs around the house with the bag stuck to him (& Mom chasing after him).

Does that make you feel any better?? 'Hope so!

Nico & JayJay :)

Katnip Lounge said...

Tick 'Tocks! We're MOL-ing over here!

Oops, sorry about that. We were thinking maybe "Tickleberry"?

Poor Iza. We're glad that TBT had the tools and know-how to get the tick offa you.

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

Oh poor Iza! I can't even IMAGINE such an indignity! Tick-tocks indeed! I guess the hoomins is useful for some stuff after all.

Lisa, Jack and Baby said...

Not to make light of your situation, but that is funny that your dingleberry was a tick. What was that tick thinking? Not much anymore cause it's dead and gone.

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

OMC! How awful! A tick on yoor butt! Fank goodness it's gone now! We hope yoo fel much better soon!

Smoochies.

Teri and the cats of Furrydance said...

Ewwww! We neffer seen a tick but mewmie had one on her from being out in the garden, too...just like you. But she said as long as they aren't hooked on more than 48 hrs, that you don't have to worry about Lyme disease. She said a few cats that come in to the cat hospital where she works have been positive for Lyme!

A few Good Cats said...

Eeeew, Iza! A tick on the tocks doesn't tickle.