Thursday, June 24, 2010

Garden Thursday

IZA:  Today, I am showing off the front yard a bit.  I am not usually allowed out there (because of "dangers"), but The Big Thing carried me around so I could see it and decide if there was anything I wanted him to take pictures of.  There sure were!  I saw things up close that I could only see through the windows before.  It was great (and I didnt try to get out of his arms the least little bit)!

I saw 2 really neat things out front.

First, I learned that we have a really cheerful mailbox!  The flowers are called Stella d'Oro.  With a little "deadheading" (picking off the spent flowers and seeds) they will bloom most of the Summer and Fall.  And I never saw the fishie with the street number until today!  The mailbox post blocks it from our windowsill...
The other cool thing WAS something I could see from the windowsill, but I never saw it up close before.  We have this neat tree that is absolutely covered in tiny yellow flowers.  It is called a 'Golden Rain Tree'.
The Big Thing says he has never seen another one annywhere.  Well, actually, we have 2, but you know what I mean...

Here is a close up of the flowers...
The bees love it!  I was careful not to get TOO close.
Can you see the bees?  There is a Bumble near the lower left and a Honey bee near the upper right.  I had to "bee" a bit brave to get that close.

That's enough time out front.  I want to "bee" back in the backyard where I can walk around safely.

I think next week, we will have some blue stokesia in flower, and mebbe I can show some garden veggies growing nicely...

11 comments:

Brian said...

Thanks for showing us, it looks really nice out front, but the safety of the back yard is very impawtant!

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Yoo is lucky to be able ta go out - the mom goes crazy if we sneak out.


Molly
Shadow
Trooder

The Island Cats said...

What a nice front yard you got, Iza! And that's a cool tree! We've never seen one of those before. We got stella d'oro flowers too...but the vishus deer ate all the flowers. They are starting to bloom again...we hope the deers don't get them again...

Cory said...

That is a beautiful front yard. Jonesie gets in trouble if she goes out front, so we totally understand...best to stay in the backyard Iza.

Shaggy, Scooby and Scout said...

Thanks for another up close tour!

Looks like that flowering tree might be good for some sneezies & wheezies in the springtime. AaahhhChooo!

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

That's a beautiful yard! I have never been close to a bee. One got in the house last year but the Human shooed it out the window before I could get up close and personal. Probably for the best, eh?

Jacqueline said...

You guys have a lovely front yard, thanks to TBT and beautiful Iza for the tour...We really like your pretty mailbox with the cute fish and those cool trees with yellow flowers...kisses and hugs sweet friends...Calle, Halle, Sukki

Katnip Lounge said...

Iza,
How nice you got to see some unexplored territory! You keep away from those bees...a sting on the snooter is No Fun.

Is Ayla jealous when you get to go out?

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

It's great to see yoor front garden ~ but we agree, the back yard is safer!

Have a great weekend!

Alasandra said...

I love the Stella d'Oro around the mailbox and the Golden Rain Tree is lovely.

Teri and the cats of Furrydance said...

We like wandering around our furrends gardens, even if it is only in photos--that way we don't have to worry about fleas and ticks and bumbles...

Mewmie said your mailbox is real cute, or handsome, right!?