Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Destructo-Kitty

IZA:  I haz a destructive gene.  Not deliberate, you understand.  Just "IS".  See, here I am all innocent and calm...
But there is this wobbly table next ta The Big Thing's chair.  It is OK in front, but it gots only a single leg in the middle of the back.  I hop up on it when TBT is eatin dinner, cuz I can purr at him from there real good.

But I jumped off kinna sudden.. It was awful...
See the little leg in the back?

An from another direction...
Well, he tossed a mousie right across my face.  So, well, I jumped fer it.  An stuff crashed all over the place.  I thought I was in deep dark trubble!  I was OK, not a scratch on me (but you should haf seen my tailed puffed up - it looked like a mop)!  I ran fer the bedroom...

He ran inta the bedroom after me.  I thought it was MY LAST DAY.  But he had this worried look all over his face.  He sat down on the floor near me.  He called me over quietly an said it wasnt my fault.  The very first thing he did was make sure I was OK.  Yeah, REALLY, he did! 


Ya can imagine how reliefed I was about THAT!  So he held me until my tail calmed down an then said he would take care of the crashed stuff.  I even got scritched (though he said I should try not to do that again).

Am I lucky, or what?

15 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Yes, Iza, you are a very lucky, loved girl and TBT is an awesome Dad!...Our Mommy does the same thing, never gets mad about accidents and always checks on us, loves on us, before fixing whatever is messed up=things are just things and we are what's important!...Have fun chasing those mousies, Iza...kitty kisses...Calle, Halle, Sukki

Brian said...

Oh yea, it happens doesn't it? In our house it is call OOPS!

William said...

How surprised you must have been when all that stuff went flying! It's sweet that TBT got you all calmed down!

Alasandra said...

You are lucky. Obviously TBT has his priorities straight. We are in deep you know what cause we got to stay in last night on account of it being so hot. Well Fenris was great he curled up and went to sleep and didn't move a paw. Same for Socks BUT two bad girls wanted to play THoE and Mini Meow kept chirping at Mommy to wake up and feed us. The Parents were not amused.

Amy and The House of Cats said...

Iza you are so lucky to have TBT there to take care of you - he is awesome and he totally understands that accidents happen sometimes. And it is great that he was worried and wanted to make sure you are ok - that was very sweet of him. Our mom does that too when things like that happen at our house (and with as many crazy kittens as we have right now that is like every other day!) We are glad that everything is ok there and you were able to relax after that!

The Island Cats said...

Well, we bet that crash kinda scared TBT too! It's nice that he came looking for you and made you feel better.

Cheysuli and gemini said...

Oh that was so nice. It was like with Momma when the closet nearly fell on me...

Derby, Ducky said...

TBT loves you and knows it wasn't your fault. Nice that he came to give you some love to make you feel better too. Poofy tails are not cool.

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

Yoo've gotta good dad, 'cos at the end of the day a table is just "stuff" ~ but yoo are impawtant. We're glad yoo didn't hurt yoorself.

Daisy said...

Iza, that sounds like it was very, very skerry! I'm glad TBT comforted you.

Cory said...

Oh Iza, you are still a kitten girl! Figaro is doing that around here...chair knocked over...sheesh!

Sending purrs to TBT for making sure you are not hurt!

The Meezers or Billy said...

aww it wasn't your fault and TBT is a really really good kittydaddy!

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

Well! You know Iza, this was NOT YOUR FAULT! If a Human tosses a mousie right past a kitteh's nose, and that kitteh is perched on a wobbly table, the crash is inevitable and is the Human's fault! I mean, who buys the furniture? Not you, Iza! At least TBT seems to have understood that!

Still it sounds like a nerve-shattering experience and I think you'll needs LOTS of treats and TLC to make up for it!

Max said...

Well, really, it was his fault, you know, so getting in trouble was never your worry. It's ALWAYS the peoples fault, just so you know. Still, I woulda ran off, too, because the noise from surprises like that just call for getting outta there...

Shaggy, Scooby and Scout said...

Well what kind of dumb table has three legs?? That's just askin' for it!
We are glad he came to calm you down after the crash. That kind of thing can scare a kitty from even going near the table in the future, and you don't want to have to give that up!! I like to sit on the table by mom's chair and help her watch movies & eat pizza while she gives me strokes & scritchies, too. -Scooby