Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Weird Sink Problem Solved

THE BIG THING: I do routine home maintenance as best I can. I'm not afraid to replace light switches, install a suspended ceiling in the basement, move my cable wires, install additional telephone outlets, etc. Some things I avoid, like plumbing. But even there I will replace toilet flappers and water supply tubes.

So when the bathroom sink stopper seemed to be falling to the closed position, I took a look at it. It is one of those lever types. There is a "up and down" plunger on top of the sink that moves a lever underneath. Sometimes the connections get loose though.

The problem was that I couldn't find anything wrong! I loosened everything and retightened them, tested it, and it all seemed to be working. Yet in a couple of days, the stopper would be closed again! So I repeated the process a couple of times. I was baffled and about to buy replacement parts.

Then I discovered the cause...

I found Iza curled up asleep in the sink! LOL!

Unfortunately, when I went to get the camera, she followed me. I'm sure you can picture it easily enough though.

11 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Iza, were you messing with TBT's mind?!!MOL...We love to sleep in the sink too; usually it's the bathroom sinks, but Mom has even found us in the kitchen sink!!...Hope you all are having a great weekend...kisses, sweet, beautiful girls...Calle, Halle, Sukki

Brian said...

Oh yea, that was a visual fur sure!!!

Cheysuli and gemini said...

So how exactly do you fix that?

Katnip Lounge said...

LOL! Maui is a sink denizen too...I can only imagine your thought process wondering whatever could be wrong with the stopper.

Iza probably planned the whole thing.

MomKat Trish

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

That would never happen here. I am afraid of the sink - that's where water comes from!!

The Island Cats said...

Haha! Good job, Iza!! Keep TBT guessing!!

Sweet Praline said...

Cool! I used to do that.

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

Maybe Iza could make a guest appearance on Cats in Sinks dot com when you finally catch her in the act!

AFSS said...

Hi Iza, we can just see you all comfy in the sink. Although we would never do that. The Mom would get the weird idea we wanted a BATH.

Shaggy, Scooby and Scout said...

Crazy little girl! She really had her daddy going for a while there!

Cory said...

Nice work Iza!!!!