Sunday, August 08, 2010

World Cat Day

We innerupt our usual 'Easy Like Sunday' day, to mention WORLD CAT DAY instead!

Next to our Gotcha Day an Birfday, this is the most important DAY to us.  Its fer kitties all around the WHOLE WORLD!

We found this poem about cats that seemed good for today:


I'm Only a Cat
 
I'm only a cat,
and I stay in my place...
Up there on your chair,
on your bed or your face!

I'm only a cat,
and I don't finick much...
I'm happy with cream
and anchovies and such!

I'm only a cat,
and we'll get along fine...
As long as you know
I'm not yours... you're all mine!

Author Unknown

;)

Happy WORLD CAT DAY everyone...   Purrs ta all!

8 comments:

AFSS said...

So true. The humans belongs to us, not the other way around. We are getting our humans trained to let us sleep in the bed with them, although the Mom is still ticked about being awoken at 2AM.

Brian said...

That was a great poem! I hope y'all have a wonderful World Cat Day every single day!

Jacqueline said...

Love the poem...Happy World Cat Day to our gorgeous friends...kisses...Calle, Halle, Sukki

Katnip Lounge said...

What a cute poem! Our whiskers are turning up in big grins.

Happy World Cat Day!

Mr. Hendrix said...

Oh, we are so so sorry to hear about TBT's sister. We are glad he is taking comfort in putting memories together. We are purring and praying for his whole family. purrrrrrrrrrs

Since we are treating these as regular posts, we wish you a very happy World Cat Day! That is a great poem. I couldn't have said it better myself. The only thing I would have added is a line about ham. mmmmm, ham. purrrrs

The Island Cats said...

We love that poem!! Happy World Cat Day to both of you!

Derby, Ducky said...

Happy WCD, great poem.

Parker said...

Mommy has that poem on a picture on a wall. We agree!