Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Fly In The House

AYLA: I was sittin aroun this afternoon, jus mindin my own business (an considerin which of the spider plant leafs ta rip off) when this big ol fly buzzed right past me.  Well THAT got my attention real good!  Since I'm an indoors kitty, it is a real treat ta have something live ta chase.

I watched it til it stopped onna wall behind me briefly...

Before I could plan my attack, it took off again.  Yould think those things have a hunnert eyes!

I jumped down ta follow it, but it buzzed right past me again.  I saw it bap inta the winder.

But by the time I got over there, it was gone again.  I closed my eyes an listened real careful.  Hearing it, I opened my eyes again ta see where it was goin.  Aha!  Onto the seat of the easy chair.  I jumped up on the arm.  Unfortunately, it was just a little too far away ta whap, an when I moved it flew off again out of sight an hearing...
Mebbe it went down ta the basement.

IZA:   I was in the bedroom nappin and heard Ayla jumpin around,so I came out ta see what was up.  She was up onna chair lookin ecited, so when she hopped down, I hopped up ta look around.  I dint see annythin innerestin...

She said there was a big fly inna house, but it disappeared somewhere.  She went prowlin around the house.  I never DID see it!  I got up from my nap fer a FLY?  Blah...
Oh well, I guess I'll go check out the food bowl.

13 comments:

Cheysuli and gemini said...

I think checking the food bowl if you missed the fly is a good idea. You need to keep up your strength!

Brian said...

That's my kind of hunting, y'all are good buggers!

Shaggy, Scooby and Scout said...

It is exciting to have buzzy things in the house. We had a big ole moth not too long ago, but mom captured it & put it outside, ruining our good time.

William said...

Did TBT tell you, "Don't wreck the house for a fly, Ayla"? That's what my mom tells us when we get some flying thing in the house.

The Island Cats said...

We hope you find that fly again, Ayla. We've learned that after awhile they get kinda tired and aren't as quick.

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

If you're lucky, the fly might be IN the foodbowl ;-)

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

Flies are fun to chase and whap! They aren't that tasty, though. I'll eat 'em, but honestly, crickets are way yummier.

Katnip Lounge said...

Flys are pesky. Moths are better to chase cuz they are pretty dumb. Ayla, that fly will be back, you can count on it! Prolly at 2 AM.

Lisa, Jack and Baby said...

Baby thinks buggy chasing is just one of the funnest things ever!

Millie said...

You still had a good time hunting. That has to be worth something.

Teri and the cats of Furrydance said...

...We have been known to break things the human finds irreplaceable when flies get in our house!

The Meezers or Billy said...

flies is YUMMY

Amy and The House of Cats said...

Oh Ayla we think it is so fun that you have a fly in the house to chase - we do that too when they come in. Oh, and when you catch them it is so satisfying - hopefully you will get it today! And well Iza, you can always try to get it too - and of course getting up was a good reason to go get some food!