Sunday, October 03, 2010

Not So Easy Like Sunday

THE BIG THING:  I know this is "Easy Like Sunday" day, but it wasn't.  Not anything bad, just something that drove me nuts all night...

About midnight, I decided that I wanted to make our little personal graphic yellow background.  I've always wanted to.  It looked like this...


I always felt it was a bit lame, with the white background.  But I could never get through to give the background a color.

I know, I know; to those of you to whom such things come easy, it is easy.  But I fought with PhotoShop for 3 hours last night.  PhotoShop and I are not the best of friends.  Nothing in it does "quite" what I think it is going to do.  It hates me.  You would think I had taken its sister out on a bad date once...

But perseverance has merit.  I introduce you to our NEW LOGO!

TA DA!








PhotoShop surrendered after a hard-fought battle...  One of us had to win, and I was the more determined...  In good spirit, PhotoShop has agreed to be more cooperative in the future (but only time will tell), and for my part, I have agreed to read the manual more often.  Cooperation goes both ways...

I also want to thank Ayla and Iza for their good advice ("stop yelling at the computer") and for their constant typing on the keyboard while I was struggling to make (um "request") PhotoShop do what I wanted.

All's well that ends well...

13 comments:

AFSS said...

Love the yellow background on your personal graphic.

Mommy failed PhotoShop too. Whenever she tries to do something she gets very irritable so we try to discourage her attempts. Especially as she is very stubborn and obsessive and will sit there until she gets whatever done while we go hungry. The Dad had to growl at her yesterday cause he was hungry and she was busy trying to fix her email. Luckily she finally remember he said he was hungry like a zillion hours ago and cooked spaghetti afterward she called the technical support people and got them to walk her through the steps. Although we has to agree with her the instructions online didn't provide enough info if you wound up have to do it manually and for some reason Thuderbird refused to do it automatically.

Brian said...

The yellow background on the logo looks terrific! Yep, photoshop takes lots of practice and you are correct, things don't really do what it sounds like they should do!

William said...

Lookin' good!

My mom hates Photoshop, too, and she has to use it when she hunts! At home we have PS Elements, which is much much friendlier, does about 95% of what PS does and cost a whole lot few cat toys than PS.

Shaggy, Scooby and Scout said...

We noticed the new one in a couple comments on other blogs.
We like it.
Kind of looks like a waving flag.

Katnip Lounge said...

The yellow is great! One of our Mommy's favorite colors. Mommy is terrified of trying out photoshop. She can run a water treatment plant but PS intimidates her. Go figure!

Daisy said...

That came out good! PhotoShop is hard.

Cheysuli and gemini said...

I love to walk on the keyboard when the Woman is doing something very detailed in Elements... HE HE HE.

Ichiro

The Island Cats said...

Congratulations! That logo looks good! Our mom doesn't know Photoshop at all, but she does use Powerpoint and it does some of the same kinda stuff.

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

The Human used to use The Evil Photoshop a lot but she doesn't hardly never use it no more so now she's really extra-stupid at it. I think your nice new logo looks great.

Hey, A&I--did TBT use any bad words??

Ayla and Iza, said...

Spitty - By the sound, yes. But we dint recognize them. We think he was usin bad werds in some old language...

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

Concatulations on the new logo! My human is actually pretty good at Photoshop (and InDesign too!), and she learned a lot from a website called www.lynda.com - there are tons of really good video tutorials there. There is a monthly fee if you want to take full courses (that is what my human does), but I believe you can take a couple of classes for free. Check it out!

The Meezers or Billy said...

MOL!! Great logo

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

Did yoo say norty words too? Mom says norty words when doing stuff like this. We hafta cover our ears!