Saturday, November 27, 2010

Subtle Iza

The Big Thing:  I usually eat dinner at a tray while watching TV.  Iza knows this is prime toy-tossin time.  She often plays fetch with the toys.

But sometimes I get distracted by the TV or my dinner and forget to see if she is still looking for more toys.  When that happens and she still wants to play (or resume playing), she has a way of reminding me quietly...

I'll happen to look down and see that she has very carefully placed a toy on my foot.  She never does that when we are actively engaged with toy-tossing.  At those times, she just drops the toy next to me.  This on-the-foot trick only happens when I've stopped paying attention!

Clever girl...

Added at 2 am:  This is so cool.  I am at the computer, with Ayla sitin next to me on the desk, and I can hear Iza playing with the rollertrak in the MewsRoom like crazy for the past hour! I won't try to take a picture, because she stops doing that kind of stuff when I turn on any light.  But it is so great just hearing the sounds of the playing.  TBT

19 comments:

Shaggy, Scooby and Scout said...

She's a smart one, for sure!
I often eat on my recliner with the foot rest up and Shaggy will sit next to me while we watch tv.
-sss's mom

Katnip Lounge said...

Clever Kitty, it's her way of letting you enjoy a morsel to eat so you have the strength to toss!

Teri and the cats of Furrydance said...

How sweet...those little habits that make us smile and be grateful for our cats presence (and presents). Thanks too, for stopping by often at Curlz and Swirlz...we love your visits.

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

That is nice and subtle. I just jump on the desk and slap my human's face when I want her attention, or sit next to her and look mad. Not so subtle here!

West 40 Cats said...

Oh Iza you is so smarts! We just jump in da crazy ladies lap or scale up her legs...mol dat gets her attention! Da doggys just climb in her lap an sit on her if she stops....mol!

Da Critters

Derby, Ducky said...

Iza knows how to hint,smart girl.

Sweet Praline said...

Iza is a very smart kitty!

Cheysuli and gemini said...

She is a very smart girl.. but then you should know that--she's a meeze!

The Island Cats said...

Yep...she sure is smart!!

Mr Puddy said...

Cleaver Girl !!!

Jacqueline said...

Iza is a smart, fun, gorgeous girl!...She is a real sweetheart to remind her Daddy to play with her in a subtle, yet obvious way without bothering you while you eat...We are very impressed with Iza's brilliant communication skills...xoxo...Calle, Halle, Sukki

Karen Jo said...

Iza is very smart. That's a great way to remind you to play with her.

Brian said...

I'll have to remember the drop it on the foot trick, that's pretty darn smart!

the casbah kitten said...

How funny! She must be a very polite kitty to not interrupt you while you're eating.

We're not nearly that polite.

*sigh*

Caren Gittleman said...

so glad to find your blog! We are now your newest followers!!

you have one very, very smart girl putting that mousie on your foot like that!

My Cody's favorite toys are mousies!!
Great to meet you!
Caren and Cody from Cat Chat http://opcatchat.blogspot.com

Millie said...

Yup, that's one smart girl you got there!

Shaggy, Scooby and Scout said...

Just came back and saw your Pee Ess!
I know what you mean about feeling good knowing they are having a good time playing by themselves. Scout has a mousie with an touch sensitive electronic squeak--sounds just like a real one! All he has to do is tap the thing and he goes nuts with it.
--sss's mom

The Creek Cats said...

So cute!!! Also love to hear all the fun Iza is having with the rollertrack.

Natalie said...

Aw, Iza is so polite in her request. Such a cutie.