Saturday, January 22, 2011

An Announcement

HUGO:  This is wonderful, I get to make a post!
 *Ahem*   "Beings and Cats and All Others, I have the rare pleasure of announcing something I have not witnessed before on my long travels. The Big Thing went off in the Noisy Machine after giving me a great lunch of Carrots, Spinach, and Apples.

When he returned, he was carrying something quietly into the Mewsroom!  I was the only one who noticed.  Ayla and Iza were nappin in the bedroom...

I have witnessed a new cat brought to his Forever Home!!!

Without further speechifying, I now introduce you to... Marley!"











5 PM MARLEY UPDATE:  Marley is getting used to me coming in and out of the Mewsroom.  He came out from behind the trunk where he had been napping.  I noticed all his dry food was gone and the litter box was used, so I brought more food and cleaned the box.

I sat down on the floor and he came over to me.  He likes my scratching techniques!  Well, that's been honed for many years, so he SHOULD!  But every kitty is a little different about their preferences.  I'm just learning his.

I'm an idiot!  I forgot to bring the camera in with me and I missed our 1st tummy roll!  He succumbed to my scritchies and went belly up.  I'll have to keep the camera in my pocket at all times...

I moved a ball in the RollerTrack, and he came right over and started playing with it.  He got the ball over the ramp the first minute.  Either he has some experience with it, or he is a genius.  Maybe both.  Anyway, I moved the ball around a bit, and he took over.  Like a Pinball Wizard meeting his 1st pinball machine (wow, does that date me or what)!

But he is SO comfortable around me.  Skeeter, LC, Ayla, and Iza all hid for the first day or two.  Marley is fearless!  I can just tell that his previous Being was a special lady.  More later...

29 comments:

Sweet Praline said...

Well hello, Marley! Welcome to your new forever home.

Natalie said...

*Gasp*

How exciting! Can't wait to see more!

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

Wow, Hugo, this is a first! You know something even your hosts aren't aware of - won't they be surprised when they find out?

Millie said...

Oh boy! Hello Marley! Nice to meet you. Welcome to your new forever home.

I can't wait to see what Ayla and Iza think!

Jan's Funny Farm said...

It pays to stay awake, Hugo.

Congratulations on your new sibling, Ayla & Iza. It's nice to meet Marley.

Brian said...

WOW Hugo, that really is big news!!! Marley is such a cutie and it's so exciting you were there as the official greeter to his new forever home!!!

Cheysuli and gemini said...

Marley! What a lucky lucky cat you are! Hugo--you are lucky to be the first to greet this new cat!

West 40 Cats said...

Hiya Marley! We is so happy yous has a furry wonderful forever homes! Ayla an Iza are pawsome ladies and der Big Thing is a pawsome bein! Your a furry lucky kitty! Have funs wif Hugo too!

Da Critters

The Creek Cats said...

Welcome to your new, wonderful forever home, Marley!!

The Island Cats said...

OMC!! Hello, Marley!! We can't wait until Ayla and Iza wake up from their nap and find out you are in the Mewsroom!!

Teri and the cats of Furrydance said...

Oh....What sweet Mews! Hugo, you are very furrtunate to be a witness to such a hallowed event!

Teri has a soft spot for both Red and White kitties, and Bob Marley...One World, One Love...

Welcome, Marley!

Cory said...

Hi there Marley! So wonderful to meet you! So...what's your story? Inquiring cats wanna know!

Katnip Lounge said...

OMC OMC OMC OMC!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugo, that is the funnest news EVAR!!!!!!!

Hello Mister Marley, you just got yourself a wonnerful Forever Home and a fantastic Big Thing. And big sissers, too!

Oh we are so excited...

Derby, Ducky said...

Welcome Marley! Fearless Ginger boy, you have moved in and taken over. And yes TBT, he is a genius, he is a ginger!

Cloon said...

Wow Hugo, thanks for the breaking news, welcome to Marley! And it is so cool that Hugo is at your place visiting!

Samantha, Clementine and Maverick said...

Oh my gosh!! Marley is a cutie and he sound like a really cool Cat!! Wonder what Ayla & Iza will have to say!! Hehehehehehe!!
Your TX furiends,

William said...

Hi Marley! You have found yerself a great new home. I'm curious about yer story too, I bet we'll hear it soon, maybe after you adjust to your new place. I hope your news sisfurs welcome you with open paws and calm tails (no poofies).

William

DaisyMae Maus said...

Yay! Welcome, Marley, to the blogosphere an' concatulations on your forever home ... You've bagged a winner fur sure!
DMM

Zippy, Sadie and Speedy said...

Oh wow, welcome Marley! We can't wait to see what Ayla and Iza think of haffing a brofur...thanks fur breaking da news Hugo, yoor a great hippo.

House of Mystery said...

Welcome home Marley!

Cat with a Garden said...

Oh my Cod, excellent news! Welcome to your Forever Home, Marley! You look like a very cute mancat in training.

Sylvester, Camille and Ava said...

we are soooo happy you found a yellow kitty he looks sooo adorable!!!

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

Awwww ... welocme to Marley! We can't wait to hear yoor story. Yoo've picked a lovely forever home!

Shaggy, Scooby and Scout said...

oh what wonderful news!!!!
This is so exciting!

AFSocksScylla said...

Hugo, how exciting getting to introduce us to a new kitty that found it's forever home. Good job Hugo and Welcome Marley

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Hai Marley! Yoo is goin ta like it dere - stinky goodness, outside trips and of course treats amung lots o stuff. ConCATS big guy yoo is gots a purrfect furever home!!

Forty Paws said...

Marley is so kyoooot!!!

Luf, Us

The Crew said...

Well hi, Marley. Good to meet you. Gosh, we take a few days off and look what we find!

Welcome to the cat blogosphere and congratz on finding your forever home.

Cat of Nine Tales said...

SQueeeeee! What a sweetie! We love orange and white kitties! A belated Welcome to Marley :)!!
~Lisa Co9T