Thursday, January 27, 2011

Two Things

THE BIG THING:  Busy, Busy...

First, yes many of you were correct.  Marley had his first visit to our regular vet.  I wanted to make sure no appropriate shots were missed, I wanted my vet to give him a good looking-over, and I wanted to get his previous medical records recorded.

I tried to take pictures of Ayla and Iza's vet visit last year, but (spookily) the camera recorded no pictures.  This time they came out!

Now, Marley isn't ready to start posting himself (Iza has taken him under paw and is teaching him this stuff as best she can but it will take some time).  Fortunately, I was there at the vet and can help.  So I will speak for Marley...

I got put in the PTU and droven off to a vet.  I've seen them before...
Beins just walk and talk around ya like ya really arent there...
 I got pulled out of the PTU (TBT did it, and gently).  He grabbed my back haunches together and slid me right out.  That was actually nice.  I've been pulled out worse.

The table was COLD and TBT made me stay on it.  I squirmed my best, but I couldnt get off.  For a Being with only 2 arms, he seems like an octopus!  I was REALLY unhappy...
Then they took me away to a room.  They shoved something up spot #13!  And they stole some blood.  Undoubtably for bad reasons. 

Then Dr Jeffrey came out and held me.  He is very nice and I calmed down a bit. He told me he hadda do some things I wouldnt like, but that they were good for me to have a long healthy life.  I dint like those things, but a "long healthy life" sounds like a good deal!
He asked fer a better picture with me.  He cares...
Here Dr Jeffrey is listenin ta my heart.  It was werkin good.  But I'm keepin my tail end covered.  I dont wanna another probe up my butt!
 The assistin lady had a hard time keepin me on the table...
But he brought me HOME.  I was worried about that, like, ya know, mebbe I had failed a test at the vet place.  Apparently, I passed all the tests with flying colors.  No fleas, no mites, not worms, and Im vaccinated against everything but asteroids!  I go back in 2 weeks for some other shot (BAST), but TBT says I'm safe fer a whole YEAR after that.  A year is almost FOREVER!  YAY!

I turn it back over to TBT:

THE BIG THING:  Second, Hugo the Hippo says he has had a great time visitin here and marveled at the entry of a new kitty, but it is time to plan his next journey.  Any interested hosts, please contact us.  Our email is in the banner, or leave a comment.  There is cool stuff that travels with Hugo.  Souvenirs about where he has visited.  A notebook of letters and photos.  Some guidelines about his visit.  Toys.  Treats.

15 comments:

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

I am so glad that you came through your vet visit with flying colors, Marley! (But I knew you would.)

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

Marley, that pic of yoo loooking scairt melted our hearts. Yoo are adorable ~ so the VET betta not do anyfin that upsets yoo again or he will have US to deal wiv! We can be FEROSHUS if need be ... well OK, we can PRETEND to be FEROSHUS!

Jacqueline said...

WE are so glad that vet visit is over for now and everything checked out fine, sweet Marley....We hope you got some extra cuddles and treats for being such a good boy!!...kisses, adorable friend...Calle, Halle, Sukki
PS...Yesterday's post with Hugo was great=we know he had a fun visit with you guys!

Brian said...

I'm sure glad all is well with sweet Marley, he looks like he did purrty good for the first vet visit!

Daisy said...

Marley, I am so glad you checked out good! You are so cute!

Eric and Flynn said...

We are glad your vet visit went well Marley. You certainly had your tail clamped down tight after having the temperature thingy in your spot #13. We are going to email you today about the camera.

Shaggy, Scooby and Scout said...

Good boy Marley!
Those vet visits can be traumatic and it looks like you came through with flying colors! We're glad you're healthy!
Bet you were glad to get back to your house and that maybe for a minute you weren't sure if that would happen.

Cheysuli and gemini said...

I am glad you are well for a full year! YEAH!

Katnip Lounge said...

Marley, we think you're safe from asteroids, only Humans get those! Good job being Brave at the Vet. were you OK in the car? Maui says he knows how to shoot the thermometer OUTTA his spot #13; he'll give ya some pointers for next time.

Derby, Ducky said...

Good job a the VET Marley! It is something we all have to endure, but hopefully only rooster shots from here on out.

The Island Cats said...

Marley, we're so happy you survived your first visit to the v-e-t!! Sorry 'bout your spot 13, though...

Natalie said...

Way to go Marley! Vet exams are no fun (just ask Scarlett), so congrats on making it through.

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Marley, da v-e-t is no fun but at least dere is only one more bisit afore yoo dun has to go fer a long times! Yoo did a gud job at da v-e-t we bets.

Molly
Shadow
Trooder
Mooch

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

Oh Marley, good job survivin' that visit, Bro.

Samantha, Clementine and Maverick said...

Marley you did good at the Vet!! We are glad you are A+ and glad you got to play with Iza & Ayla! You'll all be furiends in no time!! And we love the name Marley!!
Howdy from your TX furiends,