Thursday, February 03, 2011

Ack! The PTUs Are Out!

AYLA AND IZA: 

GLOOM!

Guess where WE went today...





The VET! 

Iza - They released me first and let me walk around...

Its a bit gruesome.  See the bones?
A nice lady held me on the table, then took me ta get weighed.  I am 12.2 proud pounds!
Then Dr Jeffrey came in.  Oh the shame...
I had The Big Thing crop my face out in case one of those Catarazzi Tabloids gets aholt of the picture!

I was firmly (but gently) restrained, so I knew what was coming next!
OUCHIE!!!

AYLA - Dr Jeffrey likes me a lot.  He posed with me...
I squirmed my best, but I still got the same stuff done ta me as Iza.  Fortunately, no pictures.  But I got an extra shot for some reason...
I weighed 6.1 pounds!  Thats more than usual.

Dr Jeffrey told me I was a brave girl, so I let him cuddle me a bit...

We hissed at TBT when we got home, but we WERE glad ta be safely back.  Then we got treats.  Marley sniffed us both an backed away.  Thats OK, he doesnt know it yet, but he is going back next week ta get shot again!  Heh-Heh...

17 comments:

Mr Puddy said...

You got lot of hugs there !
Seems nothing was so bad. Have a good rest, Buddy !
I think you need nap now
xxxx

Brian said...

I'm happy you two did great with no major hissy fits or anything like that!

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

Ayla, you only weigh a few ounces more than me - we are almost the same size!

Eric and Flynn said...

At least your v e t gave you cuddles. Kitty YumBum, the old ladycat who used to live with us was only 6 lbs too.

Cheysuli and gemini said...

It looks like you both got a clean bill of health! That's always good!

Derby, Ducky said...

Purrs that you came home safely.

Oh you asked about the book mum was reading. It was "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown. All about the Freemason, the Capital and other places.

Plus now that you are prepared, you won't get a big snow. Or you can be really lazy like the guy across the street who uses his snow blower when we get an inch of snow!

Cara n Crew said...

Oh, the idignities! We hope your TBT gave you both lots of treats. We're glad too both of your check-ups went ok.

Pip, Smidgen,Minnie, and Hollie

The Island Cats said...

Oh we feel your pain, Ayla and Iza, since we were just at the v-e-t earlier this week. Ayla, we never realized how tiny you are...only 6 pounds!!

Wally & Ernie

Ayla, Iza, and Marley said...

Yeah, when we are next to each other, I looks like a brick next to a cinder block!

Ayla

Natalie said...

Sorry you had to go to the vet! That is never fun :(

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

Oh, the indignity! But you really do need to stay in good shape to deal with you-know-who (really, he needs to know who's boss, right?)

Ayla, Iza, and Marley said...

Well, we have The Big Thing under our paw, so we guess you must mean Marley.

He may think he is gonna be Top Cat, but we know better.

West 40 Cats said...

Yowzers! We is all furry happy yous are a ok an healthy!

As for da reno cold, we can just assume it means somthin loud an messy. An da -41 was awful! Da CL says its not nice and hard ta breath in da kinda cold, an all we no is it makes us sneeze like crazy if we goes out in it, so we just dont go out....lol!

Da CL says -7 is like shorts weather ta her?!.....shes called da Crazy Lady fur a reason!

Hopes you all are stayin warms and havin fun wif Marley! He sure is a cutie kitty!

Da Critters

Angus Mhor said...

Oh, girlz, I send you many purry purrs..I HATEHATEHATE the v-e-t! Poor Marley.

BOP THE BT!!!

The Meezers or Billy said...

why did you has to get a extra shot Ayla? that's not fair - we hopes you gotted extra treats too!

Shaggy, Scooby and Scout said...

Ayla we had no idea you were such a tiny girl!
We can see it in your pictures when you & Iza are side by side but really, 6 pounds!!!

Teri and the cats of Furrydance said...

There's always PTU's out in our house, sometimes we sleep in them. Then our vet (where Teri works) is 45 minutes away and sometimes we have 'accidents' on the way to the vet (not car crashes...but you know) and then some of us are kinda bad for the vet, but in the end we forgive everyone including Teri...