Friday, March 04, 2011

1,500!

AYLA:  Well, I wasnt here when it started, but Im the oldest here now (well, other than The Big Thing who is older than dirt).  So I get ta announce that todays post is the 1,500th!  I cant count that high, but TBT can an he told me...

So in honor of this, I went back an found the VERY FIRST POST...
------------------------

August 25, 2006

WE HAVE A BLOG!

The Big Thing In The House has been reading PsychoKitty for 2 times of snow and we have seen pictures of kitties all that time. Sometimes he would laugh or cry and tell us about the other kitties! He finally explained to us (after we walked on the keyboard enough times) that he was reading about the kitties we saw the pictures of. Apparently, it finally connected to The Big Thing that we wanted to try it ourselves.

We don't know how this works out, but we're always willing to give anything a try.

So, we'll start with introductions and then mention a few things about meeting The Big Thing and our kittenhoods in upcoming posts.

-----

I'm Skeeter. I'm the oldest, so I get to start first! I've seen 13 snowy times and 14 hot times. The Big Thing says I was born on July 4th, and that seems pretty important to him, so I'm SPECIAL! I'm orange with a white belly and socks and I am just the handsomest cat there ever was. I'm just a big rippling mass of muscle and I can reach up and paw The Big Thing's belt when we are both on our hind legs! I weighed 16 pound-things once, but I've slimmed down to 14 (all the better to chase those tree-rats outside). Someday, I'll catch one, too! Little sister is fun to play with, but she is mean sometimes.

-----

LC here. "Big Bother" thinks he is sooooo hot stuff, but I know better. We laid out snowy-time sticks once and he only had one more than I did! Big deal… And his precious orange and white fur? Hah, black and white is much nicer and straight-forward, and I am a very straight-forward kitty. If it smells good or it moves, I eat it! When Skeeter was fat, I was lean at 8 pound-things. I'm 10 pounds now and I can knock him right over (when he isn't looking). And when we get done playing, most of the fur-on-the-floor is his. Hah! But he is big and warm, and he is a good groomer, so I like sleeping next to him. When I am tired of being groomed, I just bite his ear (not hard, you know, but it keeps him in his place).

-----

The Big Thing is showing us pictures of ourselves, and we will be choosing some to use soon…

Next – The mystery of the names

Skeeter&LC 

------------------------ 

So thats how it started.  Im the only kitty here who knew both Skeeter and LC.  Which feels kinna strange.  Iza knew LC, but Marley never met either of em.  I miss them both.  Skeeter was technically a "brother" but he was more like a dear old uncle to me. Always kind and friendly, ya know?  He groomed me the first time I came out of the safe room!

LC was a bit trickier.  She mostly stared at me at first, an there was some hissin, but she became a friend after a few days.  I think I confoosed her cuz I was allus gettin up high on things and she was really a floor cat.  An cuz I kept wantin ta eat outta her bowl.  Well, I was a kitten then...

Here is the best picture I could find of us together...

Thanks for getting us started, Skeeter and LC!  And thanks to all our friends for reading about us.  Thats better than Ham with Nip sprinkled on top.  

 Now, you are all invited ta come ta a party!  I have ham, turkey, Nip, drinks, an toona arranged around the house, Marley has been moving boxes an bags to JUST the right places, an Iza is making the cat trees warm an she has scattered all the toys EVERYWHERE.  TBT even cleaned all the litter boxes an ADDED a extra one fer the occasion...

PARTY TIME!!!

28 comments:

Cheysuli and gemini said...

Happy 1500 posts! Woo Hoo!

Cheysuli and gemini said...

This was a good month to start blogging! Gemini got her blog in August 2005 too! We had to go back and look at our blogger account to see when we started. Double fishy flakes for all!

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

Wow, 1500 is a LOT of posts! Concatulations on your longevity - I'm sure you will be blogging for a long, long time to come!

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

We came over to help you celebrate 1,500 posts! How awesome! Congrats.

We enjoyed reading that first post ~ it's good to always remember those loved ones at the Bridge. The memories tend to make one sad, and yet happy too.

We hope you keep blogging for a very long time to come.

Mr Puddy said...

Happy 1500 posts!....Wow ! Lots of posts..Impressive !!!

Kea said...

1500 posts! Wow, congratulations! That's amazing!

We'd love to come and help you celebrate, we'll be right over!

-Nicki and Derry @ Fuzzy Tales

AFSocksScylla said...

We are so ready to PARTY!!!!!

Love the group photo of you, LC, & Skeeter and it was very nice to read their first post. You did a pawsome job announcing the post Ayla.

Jacqueline said...

Congratulatinos on 1500 posts, that's a huge accomplishment!...It was really nice to read your first post and see the precious photo of the beautiful "original" threesome together...We wish we would have known wonderful Skeeter and LC and realize how much you and TBT miss them...We are honored to be your friends and thanks so much for inviting us to your fun party=we brought NIP!!...kisses, lovely friends...Calle, Halle, Sukki

Sabrina, Sam and Simon said...

Wow Ayla, Iza and Marley, 1500 posts is pawsome ... concatulations!!! We are getting ready to teleport there to join in the party, is it too early for niptinis? (It's 5 o'clock somewhere ... hee hee!)
Hugs, purrs and headbutts,
Sabrina, Sam and Simon

=^..^= said...

1,500 posts?! Wowee! That's A LOT! Congratulations!!! We so love reading all your posts! And we so love all of you kitties!!!

~Slash & Bronzy

The Crew said...

Wow, a party plus clean litter boxes!! We'll be right over.

We remember Skeeter & LC well and know TBT misses them. But now he has all of you to keep him company.

Congratz on your 1500th post and, keep on bloggin'.

William said...

Wow, concatulations on your 1,500! We hope you have at least as many more!

Sylvester, Camille and Ava said...

congrats on hitting the 1500 mark. we will gladly read the next 1500 and wish you luck!

Jan's Funny Farm said...

It's funny to be reading your intro post now. But we're glad you posted it. We remember Skeeter and LC!

Happy 1500 posts.

Forty Paws said...

1500 posts is a ton of posts!!

Par-Tay! We're on our way! Whoo hoo!

Luf, Us

Eric and Flynn said...

Concats on your 1500 posts.. We love to partyo we are on our way.

Furkidsmom said...

ConCatulations on 1500 posts! That's quite an accomplishment!!

The Florida Furkids and Angel Sniffie

Brian said...

Big congrats fur sure! Thanks for sharing that post and the picture! Y'all have a snuggly weekend!

The Meezers or Billy said...

ah 1500 posts! we 'amember all your posts - well, me and Miles do. Skeeter and LC were to you just like Gramma Trixie and Grampa Norton were to me and Miles! - Sammy

The Island Cats said...

Congratulations on 1500 posts!! We remember Skeeter and LC...what a nice picture of all of you together, Ayla.

Now we are ready to party!! Whoohoo!!

Katnip Lounge said...

WHAT FUN! ConCats on 1500 posts! We started lurking and reading your blog way back in 2008...so we "knew" Skeeter and LC, too. They sure were two great Cats. Just like all of you!

Say, we're hungry! And fresh litter? We are so there!

Cara n Crew said...

YoW! 1500 posts! pawsome! Concats to you kitties and thanks for sharing your blogging beginnings. We hope to stay tuned for the next 1500 :) Thanks for having such a wunnerful pawty too!

Pip, Smidgen,Minnie, and Hollie

Max said...

Wow...1500!!!

Thanks for keeping the blog going...I miss Skeeter and LC but it's way cool that you guys are keeping it rockin'!

Fin said...

Concats on 1500 posts!! Wow!

Cory said...

Concats on 1500 posts! Wow that's a whole lot. We loved reading your first post and remembering Skeeter and LC.

In our house Madison is the only one who knew all of those who came before. That makes mom hug him extra hard.

So now let's celebrate! Party!!!! Woo hoo!

Natalie said...

Congratulations on 1500 posts! And it was nice to see your first post - since I didn't follow your blog then, so it was nice to get to know LC and Skeeter a bit.

Shaggy, Scooby and Scout said...

Happy 1500 posts!
We are late but the people just got back from vacation and we have a lot of catching up to do.
Skeeter & LC we a couple of the best cats ever!!!!

THE ZOO said...

Happy 1500 posts.

thats how we feel abowt Malcolm and Selena, tha original pups here.