Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It's Marley Week, Part 6

MARLEY:  Well, I got out again.  I wasnt sure of it after the screen episode, but TBT seems more amused than annoyed.

Iza is still stayin close ta me.  She says I might do somethin stupid through inexperience.  I could be annoyed by that, but she is correct.  I ask her a lot of questions.  Like, is this a good bug to eat?  Sometimes, she says yes.  Sometimes she says no that is a bee an it will sting you.  So Im learnin.

Here I am learnin about wood.  Like tree-stuff.  Iza says Ayla is better with it than she is.  Ayla can climb.  Neither of us can.  So we dont mess with trees much.
I DO like rocks.  There is neat stuff hidden around them.  I got TWO bugs!
Action shot of "two ships passing in the night".  Only its us cats and it is daylight .  So mebbe that dint make much sense.  But we were passing each other.
MOL!  I scared IZA!  She was watchin a birdie an I ran past her.  Made her flinch.  She got mad though.  Apparently, iffen ya are watchin a birdie outside when ya might get it, ya DO NOT innerupt.  My bad.  I'm just so ecited bein outside still.
Wait, what?  I could CATCH a birdie?  I better listen to what Iza says more carefully.  SHE has caught a birdie an I would LOVE to...

But mousies seems more likely.  Here I am diggin into a mousie hole.  Iza said she was SO embarrassed!  [TBT:  That is a hole I dug to make the ladder I use to fill the birdfeeder level.  Poor Marley doesn't know the actual vole hole is just to the right]
OK, so Im not a great mousie-hunter yet!  I'll go find some more bugs!   Or birds!  Here I am stalkin a Robin.    Iza says they are easy ta catch!  [Iza: snickerin]
Bast, I couldnt even get CLOSE!  Iza says there is "teckneek" involved.  I better learn that stuff.  I'll ask TBT ta look up "teckneek" on the innerwebs  for me.
But Im still gonna follow that Robin around ta see if it sits still fer a while...
It is SO great ta be outside...

16 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

You're having GREAT adventures outside! We hope you do catch a robin or a mousie, but if you do, make sure you kill it and eat it right away, no "playing" with your food. The couple of times we've had moles in our little back space, the mom has become very upset because we've been "tormenting and torturing" the poor things (her words) and she's come out to take our "toys" away (i.e. save them).

Humans sure know how to ruin a good time, don't they?

Cheysuli and gemini said...

What adventures you have! I bet the other cats are jealous!

Amy and The House of Cats said...

Hi Marley! We think you are doing great outside - we don't get to go out there so you tellin' us about all the stuff your learning helps us to learn a lot too! You are so cute out there - and we totally understood about the ships thing - so don't worry about it!

Ginger Jasper said...

What a fabulous time you are having outside. It shows in your face that you are so enjoying it. I hope you can catch something yourself but its a lot of fun trying too.. Hugs GJ xx

Katnip Lounge said...

This whole learning thing is wonderful! Marley, keep up the great adventures, and maybe not everything Iza tells you is strictly true.

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

It looks like you are having so much fun, Marley! And even if you can't catch birds yet, there are still lots of tasty bugs!

Shaggy, Scooby and Scout said...

Marley you are a great little hunter!

Natalie said...

It looks like you are having so much fun outside! You are very lucky TBT lets you go out there.

Lisa said...

Weee! What great adventures! Thanks for sharing them with us!

~Lisa Co9T

Brian said...

I just can believe how much fun your having Marley...what an exciting time!

The Island Cats said...

Marley, we sure have enjoyed seeing you outside. We are living vicariously through you!!

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

Oh Marley! What a great adventure. You have to have lots of 'ventures for the rest of us city-livin' kittehs that don't have any yards--only concrete and big scary cars!
It's nice to see that Iza is such a good teacher!

Derby, Ducky said...

We envy you Marley. We can only wish to go outside.

Mr Puddy said...

Wow !!! Marley, you are getting better and better every day !!! Fast Learner and Excellent instinct
xoxo

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

OMC! Yoo are living the life of Riley ~ yoo lucky boy!

etorpin said...

Dutch and Leo say they wish they could go outside! They love these pictures! They are being harness trained as we speak because we live in an apartment next to a busy road :(