Monday, June 13, 2011

Hot Days An Finally a Cool Night!

AYLA:  It sure has been hot here the past few weeks, my first days outside in nearly a year!

It was SO hot...  (how hot WAS it?)

It was SO HOT, I saw a starving woofie chasing a terrified bunny and they were BOTH WALKING!  (badda boom).

Not to make a joke, but the humidity was up there with the temperature.  Around here, we get "95 and 95".  Temp an humidity...  Thank Bast Im tan!  Thats about the best color for avoiding heat (an moquitoes).

OK, Ive been out lately and some kitties have been askin about that, since I was kept inside a year.  Its a plan between me an TBT.  I haven't had my 3rd lady garden operation (the specialty feline surgeon was busy last time).  But it got to the point where I became stealthy enough so I finally got outside (twice) a few weeks ago in spite of his best efforts.

He decided that the issue of keepin me in and lettin Iza an Marley out couldnt go on.  Iza an Marley have no desire to get out of the fence.  I do.  But I stay right near the fence.  So, he (very reluctantly) decided to let me out almost as much as I wanted in hopes I would get bored an uncomfortable in the heat of Summer.

I hate to say it, but it is working.  The first time I got out on my own this summer, I stayed out 3 nights.  Then I got out again and I stayed out 2 nights.  Twice.  Then he let me out (with Iza inside cuz she chases me) an I stayed out 1 night several times.  Now the past 3 times let out, I have come in the same day.    I'll admit it was a near thing today.  I was in the neighbor yard and seemed to want to come home, but I was just funnin with him.  Before the rain started, that is...  I sure came over the fence and running fer home when THAT started!


I will have ta see how I feel about comin in next few times.  TBT has warned me that nightime excursions scare him, but that it is ultimately up to me.  At some pont, I have ta decide what risks I want to take.  Iza an Marley go outside so nicely just on the deck or followin him around the yard, that he just cant deny them that enjoyment, so iffen I can escape in spite of his best efforts, he has to accept that.

Im thinking that outside daytime is good, an I'll accept that.  But I know how he thinks...  There is some plan ta keep me in the fence.  I think Im a step ahead of him usally, but I gotta worry.  He IS a BEIN after all, and pretty tricky.  An he has been drawing stuff on paper. 

13 comments:

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

You are lucky you get out, Ayla! My human could never trust any of us - we would be all over the place!

Mr Puddy said...

When we first read, Mom think she couldn't do like your TBT , Mom couldn't stand if I stay out at night like you, She couldn't sleep without me. That's why I will get home before 7 pm. every night. To spend time with family a little bit , eat and go to bed.

But at the end of the post, she glad TBT have a plan for you : )
xoxo

Cheysuli and gemini said...

You are very lucky Ayla. I think the Woman would freak out if one of us stayed out over night. Georgia used to be able to get out but the Woman always insisted she come back before the Woman went to bed. Now and again she would be late and the Woman would sit on her back porch and picture Georgia as hard as she could trying to think if she could get a hit in which direction she was so she could go find her--but inevitably Georgia would leap over the fence just about the time she did that and be ready to come in...

OKcats said...

We feel so bad that your lady gardenectomy hasn't worked - you must be miserable. But 95 and 95? Yikes! Too steamy!

Shaggy, Scooby and Scout said...

Ayla you have an adventuresome spirit!
It is dangerous staying out all night, but it's good you always know where "home" is.

our verif word: clawyeha

Katnip Lounge said...

Ayla, we think you are trying to keep up your end of the bargain. We hope you don't cross the street and just stay in the yards! You have to be a good example to Marley.
We're curious what TBT is cooking up now...

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Hmmmm Ayla, we'd be weary of drawin stuff. TBT is pretty tricky as yoo said he has sum HUGE plans fer yoo we is bettin! Will yoo out smart hims?

The Island Cats said...

Ayla, we hope that day excursions will be enough for you and you'll come home at night. That would make the TBT happy, we bet.

Teri and the cats of Curlz and Swirlz said...

Yes...it's cool tonight too and the windows open in Teri's (our) bedroom...some whiffin tonight! We would worry about all the hazards out there at night...please be careful!

Prancer Pie said...

MOL! Good joke. It is hot! I never even ask to go out. Mom thinks cuz outside wasn't that great to me.

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

You're a good girl Ayla. If you know you can get outside when you want, maybe you won't need to stay away overnight any more.

We wonder what TBT is drawing, though! Those Humans do have the Big Brains.

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

We have the same problem here. Alfie would stay in the garden and not attempt to climb a fence ~ Milo would be up over and gone in a flash. :sigh: And ever since Milo gave us a fright by staying out all night, we've been too nervous to let them out unsupervised (they are now always on a leash).

THE ZOO said...

Owr beans kuldnt trust us. plus we'd be showin owr tails wrestlin in tha yard. Also, we hafe scary cat killer pup lifin ryte next door.

its been just as hot here. we made beans keep doors and blinds closed to keep in tha air but the heat still tires us owt alot. its khullin down a little this week. we hope it khuls down thar too.