Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Ayla's Bowl Question From Caturday Saturday

AYLA:  On Saturday, I showed a picture of our bowls, and asked ya ta guess which was mine.

Bowl #1 - No guesses

Bowl #2 - "no reason given" (1)

Bowl #3 - "because its completely empty/can stuff yer face an run around" (8), "no reason given" (2), "my bowl on right, Iza's on left" (1), "less food" (1)

All 3 - "cuz yer an energetic meezer" (1),"no reason given" (1)

Unspecified - "Biggest Bowl" (1)

I LOVED all the guesses, and specially the reasons for the guesses!   First, I gotta say it wasnt the unspecified "biggest bowl", they are all identical.  But I give that one an award for most BIG SMILES of the day an wildest unique guess!  Sometimes that werks; not this time.  MOL!

Second, it wasnt bowl #1. You were ALL right about that!

Third, it wasn't "All 3".  I would never deign to eat from a used food bowl.  I AM a Princess, after all.

Fourth, it wasn't bowl #2.

Fifth, so MY bowl is BOWL #3!  12 of 16 guesses were CORRECT!  I am impressed...  8 of you had it correct because I always lick my bowl clean!  When I am finished (and I eat fast), I do a funny little bunny hop an walk away.  And 1 of you were correct cuz ya noticed from past posts (I suspect, since ya also knew Iza eats on the left) that we each have our own positions; I eat on the right, Iza eats on the left, and Marley ended up in the middle after he arrived this year.

The "bowl #3, less food" answer was right but fer the wrong reason.  We each get the same amount.  I actally eat a little MORE than Iza and Marley (cuz I clean the bowl), but I just dont get bigger.  Its frustratin.  But I dont have worms or annythin.  TBT says I am warmer than Iza and Marley.  He IS worried I am "burning my candle from both ends".  But the vet says I am fine.

I cant tell the reasons for the correct bowl #3 "no reasons given", but I bet they had good reasons.  Sorry I dint think to ask for reasons for the guesses.  You were both as accurate as the others an bet ya saw the clean bowl as the reason.  Or the position of the bowl. OK Cats NAILED that part!  Gotta give them creds for that.  But most of you really got the CLEAN part right too.

Both were right.

 ---------------

Now to end this with a funny little story!  Las night, when TBT put the Stinky Goodness down, Iza an Marley were out of "position".  They both looked aroun an Iza started eatin from the MIDDLE bowl - Marley's!  He looked at the nice lonely left one, then to the accustomed middle one, and stuck his nose into the middle bowl Iza was eatin from.  Alas, TBT was too slow with the camera.  It wouldda been a GREAT once-inna-lifetime picture (sigh).  Viral if videoed?  Not sure, I dont know enough about that.  But it wouldda been record-setting HERE fer sure.  Watched over an over...

But Marley was more determined than Iza an she jumped back away to go to her usual left bowl.

(Ya know what I think?  Im not sure what happened, but I think their TONGUES touched briefly - ICK, ICK, ICK!!!)  I bet they dont make THAT mistake again!

Ayla

14 comments:

ArtemisiaFSS said...

Artemisia is the tiniest and she eats the most here. She cleans every bodies bowl including Fenris' sometimes.

Arty pushes your head out of the way with her head if she wants your food, probably like what you saw with Iza and Marley.

Scylla puts her paw in the bowl and pulls it away from you and to her. Very annoying, one should not have to chase ones food bowl.

When Fenris doesn't want to share he steps back from his bowl and BARKS really loud. And the offending kitty runs away so Fenris can eat in peace.

I eat out of whatever bowl no one else is eating from until someone takes it away from me ~Socks

Mark's Mews said...

Marley reaches in another bowl with a paw an pulls a bit of food out. Cool stealthy pirate! Ayla bites his paw when he does that. Iza doesnt. She seems confused.

Brian said...

Those were some cool guesses and the best bowl if one that is always full!

Fuzzy Tales said...

Neither of us cleans our bowl of canned at one time, not usually.

But we do have our positions to be in. When we eat dry, we eat together, Nicki on the left, Derry on the right (looking down).

But when we eat stinky goodness, Nicki eats at his spot (same spot as the dry), and Derry eats at Annie's old spot, because he seemed to prefer to eat stinky goodness from her area, which was separate, when she was with us. If the mom puts the same food down in both spots, Derry often try to bury it at Nicki's food station, but will eat it from his own spot, Annie's old spot.

Both boys do eat from each other's bowls, though, but usually it's Nicki eating from Derry's spot rather than vice versa. Don't ask us why!

Mark's Mews said...

We get weerd with the kibble. See, TBT likes ta sometimes just scatter it on on the floor. We go nuts trying to control/protect "ours".

Is he just playin with us?

Cheysuli and gemini said...

The woman never sees me eat but I keep getting fatter so she knows that I am.

Katnip Lounge said...

So, our guess of all three was incorrect! We all visit our feeding stations at different times, and we have a different flavor at each one. Mommy mixes them up so we have to check 'em out every day. We have kibble out too, but we don't eat much of that.

Mr Puddy said...

I'm like Fuzzy Tales, Never eat it all in one time( dried food ), I always save for later excepted my mince meat ! All have to be gone !

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

It's easy to tell here which bowl is mine - it's the one that Binga is staring at, and trying to steal the food from!

Prancer Pie said...

You really finks there pink tongues touched a lil? Yuk. Phew. Blech. Yak. That's just gross. Really. Purrs.

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

That IS a funny story! I woulda paid money to see that video, all right!

We think it is sweet that you kids all appreciate that TBT appreciates you EVERY day. It almost made me feel a little embarrassed about complaining--nah, who am I kiddin'?? MOL!

Natalie said...

That is a very funny story! At our house, the only time Scarlett and Melly get really close without fighting is at mealtime: they get canned food smushed down in a pie dish, and they share it. They end up nose-to-nose, and it's pretty darn cute.

Lisa and Baby said...

We want to thank you so, so much for coming by and saying such nice things on our blog. Jack's passing has been difficult, but with everyone's support, we are doing better every day. Baby definitely misses her companion of 15 years, but with special attention, she is pulling out of her grief.

We really truly appreciate blogger friends like you. We know you understand our special cat feelings.

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Great quiz!!

I lick everything clean including the spoon and the floor!

Purrs Banshee