Saturday, August 27, 2011

We Are Watching You, Irene!

Marley:  I am watchin outside as best I can fer the coming of that IRENE Big Storm!  I wanna let TBT, Ayla an Iza know at the first hint.  That because it is MY job as mancat ta protect them.  I take the job all serious-like...
I am getting the best looking-spot...
And I am waiting patiently fer rain and wind.  
Well, not anny YET.  I will go around ta the other windows.  I'm not sure what direction this Irene thing will attack from.
I hope I get extra treats for all this werk!  But that's not why I'm doing this.  Just that extra treats are allus welcome.  When yer the Mancat of the house, sometimes ya have ta do these things fer free.

So I checked the pantry.  Plenty of stinky goodness and treats there.  I checked TBT pantry too.  Not much there, but there is cans of soup.  An he says he has plenty of fresh veggies and fruit and frozen-hard-cold foods.  So I guess he is OK an we are all prepared.

I'll go check the basement too.  No cameras allowed down there; too messy.  But I can prowl around.

Ayla and Iza are nappin on the bed, an TBT is putting away the washed dishes.  The drapes in front of the cat trees was closed for the night, but I asked him to open them so I could keep watch outside.  He opened them just for me.

But he also mentioned that nothing is gonna happen til TOMORROW night.  Well, I want to get practiced an this BIG STORM stuff is kinna new ta me.  Its no good finding a problem when you haven't practiced fer it first!  I like to be a PRACTICED kinna kitty, ya know?

9 comments:

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

Stay safe, Marley! Don't try to be a hero!

Daisy said...

You all stay safe! Let me know if you need to borrow one of my raincoats.

Brian said...

Keep watching Marley, I think it's getting closer. Y'all keep safe and update us when you can please.

Athena said...

You are good to be on the lookout, Marley! Be careful, though. We are all stocked up here too wif water, batteries, and stinky goodness!

Fage said...

Good job Marley! Keep everyone safe and keep us updated on whats going on over there!

Katnip Lounge said...

Marley, we're happy to know you're on the job there, keeping everybody safe!
Say, we missed y'alls blogaversary, we hope you had a wonderful day!
Oh...and Salem thinks you have some mighty cute 'tocks...heh heh.

Be Safe!

Shaggy, Scooby and Scout said...

We are glad you are on the watch Marley!
You take your job as Mancat of the House very seriously.

MTVA said...

Well Marley, I think mean old Irene might be too scared to get too near, knowing you are manfully guarding your house! I hope she leaves us alone without much damage - we're not supposed to see her till tomorrow morning. Hope you check in later on and let us know how you made out.

Cheysuli and gemini said...

You stay safe Marley! I am thinking if the storm is as bad as they say you may not want to be too close to the window.