Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Afternoon Solon

AYLA: TBT was readin ta me (he on his chair an I on his lap) from a book about old France.  Important female Beins used ta lounge around an discuss IMPORTANT topics of the day from places showin their HIGH RANK.

And I AM, after all, a princess...

I decided ta give that a try with Marley.  He DOES seem unusally bright for a male, and it dint seem right ta bestow my wisdom on Iza (who, between us, can be a real guttersnipe who's only innerest is on food an TBT's lap).  So I invited him to my sleeping quarters (supervised, of course by TBT).

I posed philosofical questions to him and we discussed his answers.  Like:

"Are butterflies made of real butter,
And why do they have wings?
Do hummingbirds actally hum
Or does they secretly sing?"

We discussed that fer a while.  He said he thought butter might melt in Summer and hummers probly sang like other birds.  I proclaimed that they had to be butter or they wouldnt have that name, and "of course hummers hum" (name thing again).
He was subdued an awed by my edicated an suttle answers, as you can plainly see here with his head bowed!
Then he got ta ask a question.  "Why does a mouse when it spins?"

I said: "Spins?  Hmm...  And 'why?', um, well you see they um..."

I dont think Ill have another solon with Marley!!!  Next thing you know, he will be asking other silly questions, like why apples fall from trees (answer; cuz they dont fall UP, do they?).  HMMPH!

Mebbe I SHOULD give Iza a try...

11 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

Oh, those questions are far too deep, too philosophical for us! We're suitably impressed with your answers, of course!

Ginger Jasper said...

I agree with Fuzzy tails quite deep but the answers were thought out so well.. Hugs GJ xx

Prancer Pie said...

We don't like to tax ourselves too much, so there aren't any "deep" diskushuns here. We are afterall, kittehz. Purrs.

Shaggy, Scooby and Scout said...

Well, it was a noble experiment.
You look so wise and guru-like on your perch.

Brian said...

Hey, give Marley time and your wisdom will rub off on him!

m.q said...

brilliant cat philosophy talk Ayla...hehe

Muddy said...

You are such a smart cat. I am also impressed with those answers. I wish I was half that smart.

Mr Puddy said...

You are so smart Miss Ayla : )

The Island Cats said...

Those questions made our heads hurt. We'll stick to playing, eating and napping.

OKcats said...

Wow, Ayla, you were doing some deep thinking! My experience with boycats is that they are dumb as dirt... now I'm not saying Marley fits that bill, but maybe you should give Iza a try....

And I'm sorry I'm so late stopping by, but I really, REALLY appreciate you all stopping over to wish me a happy gotcha day! It's nice to know that other cats like getting gotted as much as I do! Oh, and Iza, it's also nice to know that another girlcat likes to scootch her bum across the floor just for fun!!!

Love, Zoe

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

Now, see. those are EXACTLY the kind of deeply important questions I ponder when I am not thinking about dinner.