Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Food Bowl Confusion

ALL:  We allus eat in the same positions.  Iza on the left, Ayla on the right, an "Marley-In-The-Middle".  Its jus the same as before Marley arrived, but no middle position then.  Meaning that We ate far apart so there was no OTHER place for (new) Marley's bowl ecept between us.  We hope that makes sense...

So it is ALLUS like this (old picture from early August):
Ecept when it isnt!  It ALL went wrong at breakfast this mornin.  We arent even sure ezactly what happened, but ONE of us got at the wrong position and ANOTHER of us moved ta a differnt bowl.  Iza was SO UPSET she walked away all unhappy-like.
Then Ayla tried ta find the "right" bowl an nudged Marley away (no easy feat)!
She ate from the MOST wrong bowl (Iza's, but Marley was at that one first annyway).
But that was cuz someone ate from HER bowl...  All in all, it is thunk that Marley ended up eatin MOST of the breakfast, but HE complained about feelin hungry too.  So none of us know quite what went on ecept we are PRETTY sure TBT dint eat anny of it.

TBT:  Connected to this odd incident, perhaps, is their latest weight measurements.  A few months ago, it was (something like) Ayla 6 lbs, Iza 12 lbs, Marley 11 lbs.  Last month, it was Ayla 7.5 lbs, Marley 12 lbs, Iza 12.5 lbs...

Well today, it was Ayla 9 lbs, Iza 12.5 lbs, Marley 11.5 lbs!

Ayla has really been catching up to adult Meezer female weight since her successful spay operation.  And, while having a tiny 5.5 kitty was nice on the lap, I am happier to see her seem to get to a healthier size and weight.  Some of you Kitties and People may have noticed in recent pictures that she is more alike in size to Iza and Marley lately...

My goal (expectations?) is that Ayla will settle at 10 lbs, Iza at 13 lbs, and Marley at 14-16 lbs for their middle years.  Its hard to control the weights of individual kitties when they all eat together and none will leave food in the collective bowls, but I try.

But with Ayla's recent weight gain, I think we can guess who made the most of the food bowl confusion this morning...  LOL!

17 comments:

Brian said...

I don't like it when the bowls get mixed up either, but nobody else here seems to mind!

Random Felines said...

Meals here are every cat for himself.....with Tommy moving around trying to eat more than everyone else!

Shaggy, Scooby and Scout said...

Shaggy is always on the left, Scout on the right and Scooby in the other room with mm guarding him.
He has to be separated because the second Scout makes any move towards him, Scooby will run away even if he hasn't eaten a bite. He allows Scout to intimidate him, hence the guard aka mom.
Feeding time at the zoo.

Sweet Purrfections said...

Hmmmmmmmmm! Mom Paula says I'm going to have to get used to another bowl in our house in about a month.

Truffle

Laura and Jet Dragon said...

Oh, dear, mixed up bowls is not good. We're glad that Ayla has gained some weight, though not too much, sweetie. You want to keep your girlish figure.

Laura and Taffy

Mr Puddy said...

MOL..look like you guys have a buffet..tee..heh
I'm only one kitty in the house but my mom can't control my weight too but I guess as long as you guys are healthy , I guess it's all good !
Have a nice day
xoxo

William said...

When in doubt, grab what you can, is what I say!

m.q said...

its good to see all of you eat together and eat a lot too...

:)

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

Binga and Boodie always eat out of each other's bowls. I have to be fed separately because I eat slower and they will just horn in on my food. So it is only semi-organized here. Our current weights are me: around 5-1/2 lbs., Binga just under 10, and Boodie just over 10. Even though Boodie has a lot of fluff, we are a pretty svelte bunch!

The Island Cats said...

We each have our own bowls...but sometimes we like to switch it up and eat out of each others. Wally is the biggest, weighing about 14 lbs...Zoey is the smallest at about 10 and I'm in the middle at just over 11 lbs.

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

I like the new Ayla--she's CURVACEOUS :-) That's the best kind of Ladycat. She was a little too scrawny before!

Prancer Pie said...

Muzikal food bowls is not a fun game! We likes the same spot efurry time. TBT must be doin sumthin right if ya'll are growin like that! Purrs.

Natalie said...

Ayla is looking great! Sounds like the kitties regulate their weight pretty well - that's great.

Daisy said...

I always eat on the left, Harley on the right. I wonder what would happen if we switched one day? I am about 7 pounds and Harley is about 12 pounds.

Admiral Hestorb said...

I weigh 7.2 pounds!! I can boogie on down the hallway too, even at my age. (14)

I'm the only Queen around here..my Staff is the only hiuman too. I have it made.

Meowers from Missouri said...

it's nice to see miss ayla gettin' all lush 'n' plush!

all four uv us hafta eat in separate rooms acause we all like to play "musical bowls" an' we all hasta eat differnt stuff!

The Lee County Clowder said...

We don't have any fixed eating pattern.

Usually, one of us goes snoopervise Dad fixing dinner, and the other just sleeps. Dad takes dinner to the sleeping one when it is done.