Friday, November 25, 2011

About Thanksgiving Day

MARLEY:  Well. let me describe my Thanksgiving Day visiting Lucy.  And this is long, cuz it was a Big Deal fer me...

Sadly, it was a 3 hairball day!  I dont mean literally, more as a "rating".  I was polite and dint cause anny messes.  But if that was a "date", I dont want another one!

1.  I dint realize what 2 hours in a PTU inna car was like.  Seriously boring except fer sudden movements that scared me on the way there and the same on the way back.  I dint have anny accidents an I dint scream or hollar (well 10 seconds twice, but thats not MUCH), but it wasnt fun!

2.  When we got ta the house, there were LOTS of Beins there all talking lot.  That was scary.  I never saw that many Beins all at once before that I remember.

3.  I stayed in the PTU fer about 15 minutes while Lucy came over and sniffed around.  I stayed politely alert and watchful, but quiet.  She hissed at me.  Many times!

5.  When Lucy settled down ta watch me from about 5 feet away, TBT let me out.  I crept out while lookin around, when settled down on the floor near the PTU.  Lucy hissed a few more times.

6.  Them we both sat there fer a few minutes until she walked away.  I dint get to offer her the squeeky mouse, the nip leafs, an I sure dint get to greet her much in anny way.  No sniffs, licks, or headbumpies at all.

7.  I found a corner ta sit in, out of the way of the Beins.  They were friendly, an I got lots of "oohs an ahhs", but I was nervous.

8.  TBT kept checkin on me and giving me some soothing attention.  A couple of the Beins talked to me nicely, too.

9.  Lucy came back and stared at me fer a while.  I hadda ask TBT to offer the mouse and Nip to her.  She sniffed the crushed Nip leaf an dint react.  She batted the mousie a couple times gently, then went up on her cat tower and stayed there...

10. I was in the eating room, so when all the Beins crowded around the table laffin an talking, I slipped behind the curtains.  After a bit, I got up on the low windersill and stayed there looking at the new sights outside.  That was nice!

11.  TBT offered me a little piece of turkey, but I dint feel like eatin.

12.  Lucy dint like TBT either.  He would go over to her on her cat tower, and she would hiss at him too.  She even raised he paws at him a few times.  I was shocked!

13.  Lucy is not a friendly cat!  Even her Beins call her "Luci-fur"!  Apparently thats a bad Bein.

14.  I was offered litterbox acess before we left, but I just "couldnt".

15.  I sure was glad ta get home!  But ya know what happened?  AYLA hissed at me.  Many times!  I swear, I never even got NEAR Lucy!  I guess I picked up some Lucy-furs!  She hissed at TBT too when she smelled his hands. 

16.  In fact, Ayla was SO mean, she told me there was a postcard from the Vet, an it has MY name of it!

17.  I dont think I wanna travel annymore, an no more dates, either... 

18.  Here are the better pictures. 
Lucy likes to guard her house carefully, along the edges fer safety an security.  I admire a careful cat who  snoopervises.  I am told she caught a SNAKE in the house once!
Lucy "greets" TBT before I even came in...
 In the PTU in the strange house...
I allowed Lucy to check me out thoroughly..,
 The closest we got...  It doesnt look it, but she is bigger than me.  Well, a lot of it is floof.  I was told she is a ragdoll.  But she is strong, too.
Exposed behind the hidey curtains after bein rejected by Lucy...
Lucy dint like TBT either.  That suspicious look says it all.
The best safe spot I could find close to the PTU.  And "yes", that felt like a safe spot.  I would have liked a towel or cushion, but corners are good.
She good at not lookin at the camera...
The closest we got to each other outside the PTU.
Me peeking out from behind the curtains.  They were very lacy, so I had to keep my claws in, an Im a good boy about that...
Lucy, Mistress of the stairs.
Lucy on her cat tower.
Yes, those are her real eyes!  I think its because she doesnt have sisal rope on the posts.  No really good aggressive clawing outlet.  We all know that matters and affects our moods!
This was her gift to me.  A little TOY Evil Skwerl!  That was SO thoughtful.  And, and, and, TBT left it behind by accident.  Waah!

So that was my Thankgiving Day date...  *Sigh*

22 comments:

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

Lucy is very pretty, but her bad attitude really shows in the photos! Maybe going over to her place for Thanksgiving was not such a great idea.

Mark's Mews said...

Well, TBT said it was worth a try. An I agree. But it sure dint werk out good. MOL! At least I can smile about it now. Sort of. Ayla is still hissy...

m.q said...

Lucy is very pretty
well first met would be like that i guess, lot of hissin and stuff
but i bet u're a cool mancat for being so calm...

BoBo Salem
Meow Meow Family

ML said...

I just read yours comment on Us 4 Cats about the homemade holiday ornaments.
You's asked iffen they could make an ornament outta canned cat food.
We had to laff, we make stuff outta canned cat food all tha time... HAIRBALLS.
Hee hee, but we's only haf tha one template, tha kitty-gut shaped.
But it does come in a variety of sizes, as coincidentally, do us cats.
Love & Purrs,
KC

Fuzzy Tales said...

We kinda think that unless the beans know the cats involved will get along, are well-socialized with other cats (which Lucy apparently isn't), it's better to stay home. Seems like it was an ordeal all round, and we're sorry about that. But just think, next year you'll probably stay home and that will be MUCH better for all concerned!

Brian said...

I must say, that doesn't sound like a whole lotta fun Marley!

Shaggy, Scooby and Scout said...

Oh Marley honey! That didn't go well at all. Lucy looks somewhat like our friend William's sister Caroline. But Lucy is one of those bossy girls who want everything to go their way, so we suppose it's best to say a gentlemanly "no thank you" next year when you get the invite.
Sorry about your greeting when you got home, but we bet things straightened out pretty quickly and all is well now.

Katnip Lounge said...

Marley, we are so sorry your date didn't turn out well...some wimmens are just like that, you know. Miss Lucy might be better admired from afar! We hope your sisters are back to loving on you today.

The Cat From Hell said...

Oh! Me is so sorry! Me thinks imaginary dates is way better than the real thing. They are my favorite.
Kisses
Nellie

Max said...

More reasons why I don't date! It all sounds too stressful...

Cara n Crew said...

oh, Marley! We're sorry things didn't go so well. We think you are vereh brave for the effort. Happy Thanksgiving from all of us-

Pip, Smidgen, minnie, Hollie

Cheysuli and gemini said...

You know the Woman almost adopted a cat that looks like Lucy. Perhaps it is good that she didn't. I heard she was kind of a queen type as well. And you know, there is only room for one of us! I am glad you are home and can be master of your house again...

Natalie said...

Lucy is a pretty kitty, but boy, does she ever look grumpy. Sorry you two didn't get along!

Megan said...

An interesting experience, and you seemed to have coped as well as could be expected Marley. Perhaps TBT figured that you'd appreciate Ayla and Iza even more once you'd met Lucy!
Hopefully you'll all three be granted leftover turkey dinner to compensate.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Eric and Flynn said...

Aww Marley, we are really sorry your date didn't work out well. That is Lucy's loss.

Derby, Ducky said...

Not every date works out, at least you made the effort. We can't imagine being in the PTU for that long.

Sweet Purrfections said...

Mom Paula keeps debating on whether to take us over to her parents' house to visit our woofie cousin, Bandit. We don't think we want to go after your experience.

Truffle and Brulee

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

The Humanis still laffin and laffin and laffin--she ackshully hadded to wipe hur eyes and it was not from cryin in sympathy for your bad time.

I think it is pritty mean of hur to laff and laff and laff like that. But she says she can't help it.

I am not laffin though--much.

Glad you made it safely home, Marley. I am sure you have a whole new appreciation for your own nice house and your sisfurs too.

Lucy-fur! Ha ha ha!

The Island Cats said...

Oh Marley, we're sorry it didn't go well. But at least you tried. Lucy-fur sounds like she's pretty territorial about her house. And we're sorry Ayla was mean to you when you got home. She probably was jealous that you got to go.

Cory said...

Well Marley, what a good sport you are for giving it a try. Next year we recommend that you send TBT by himself, but ask him to bring back lots of turkey!

Laura and Jet Dragon said...

We are so sorry, Marley, that your date didn't go well. We think that it's just too bad for Lucy, and that you were a purrfect gentlecat. You did your best; I guess she just wasn't interested. We hope Ayla has gotten over her snit by now. Purrs.

Taffy and that woman

ArtemisiaFSS said...

Sorry the date didn't go better. Lucy is beautiful.

Lucy, Ayla & Scylla need to start a hissy girls club.