Sunday, January 01, 2012

New Year's Fire Night!

MARLEY:    Oh last night was one of the best nights of the year!  TBT made a fire in the fireplace!  He collects wood stuff all year, cuz it is a cellerybration of the NEW YEAR comin.  Iza an Ayla dont like it so much, but I do. It was the first time I seen one.

TBT lighted the fire at 11ty o clock an by the stroke of midnight, it just cooled enough for me to sit on the hearth.  An at midnight, he cheered a lot an drank his version of Nip.  He had a few treats in his shirt pocket an I got all of them.  Then we sat there together enjoyin the warmth.  I sat on his lap as the fire died down.  An HE reminded me of the kitties who came before.  Im pretty sure I heard Iza an Ayla on the stairs listenin too, and I think TBT knew they were there as well.  So they heard, even iffen they dint wanna be near the fire.

It was new ta ME about  Skeeter an LC.  At New Year fires...  I mean, TBT has mentioned them before.  But He told me new stuff.  How He an Skeeter used to sit by the fireplace together, an I curled up on his lap like Skeeter did.  Cuz it was warm there, but also cuz it's (apparently) a tradition.

An ya know what?  He said this was a good time ta give thanks for the past year.  And I AM thankful I came here, cuz I love Ayla an Iza an TBT.  I think of my first Mom often, an I hope she doesn't mind that I am happy here.  I have been VERY happy here this first year, an I expect I will all the days of my life.  If first Mom hadn't had the sneezey fits from me, I would have been happy there too.

But Ayla is the greatest Big Sister one cat could hope for.  She is a constant groom, massage, and furlick machine!

Iza is a curious sister, tries to dominate alla time.  Ayla helped me learn how ta stand up to her.  I mean, Ayla is 4, Iza is 3, an I'm only 1.  But I AM a mancat.  And Iza DOES take some standin up to.  But she is GREAT to play with, and she is never actally mean.  She's just SO strong!  But so am I, even just being 1.  She matches my activity purrfectly though!  I play hard with her, too, an SHE loves it.  Well, ya know, Iza allus had ta be careful around Ayla, cuz Ayla had "problems".  But Ayla is over that, an it is balanced all ways among us.  This feels about as purrfect as it can get!

We ALL play THoE back and forth along the hallway and wrassle a lot but (no fur on the floor - we know how to play nice).

After we went to bed (first time in this new year!) we all gathered around TBT.  He reminded us of events of the past year.  Like Me joining the house in January,  our first earthquake, the storm that made tree branches fall down, and friends that went over the Rainbow Bridge last year. 

Then Ayla, Iza, and I  made our plans about sleeping on or unner the blankies, together or separate, up against TBT or not.  A lot depends on the house temperature of course.  Then TBT turned off the light and we all settled down for a good night's sleepin. 


Life is good.

18 comments:

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

It sounds like you had the perfect new year's eve, Marley! May 2012 be full of fun and cat treats for you and Ayla and Iza. Oh, and TBT too, although he probably won't want to eat any cat treats.

Punapippuri said...

This is a lovely post, and makes me ponder about how grateful I am for perheeni (my family).
The fire sounds absolutely wonderful too. And we wish you all a wonderful 2012. we are very pleased to have met you.

Brian said...

Yes indeed, and the good life is so good! Happy New Year gang!

Admiral Hestorb said...

OH, you sure know how to make a mommy think hard all over again about sooner rather than leter, sweethearts. xoxoxox Happy New Year all of you..fur and human.


Mom Carole

Shaggy, Scooby and Scout said...

What a great way to welcome the new year!
Happy New Year everyone!

Deven said...

You are just lovely cats with a wonderful daddy who loves you all a lot. He knows you love him, too and is so glad that things are the way they should be. We hope that's always true for you!

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

You know, Marley, life *IS* good. In fact, believe it or not, the Human woke in the night, and THERE I WAS on the bed with her. That has only happened once or twice before (that she knows about anyway) so she thought it was a good sign for the New Year!

Happy 2012 to all of you!

Eric and Flynn said...

That sounds like the best New Years Eve ever. We are glad you are happy in your home and we think your first mom will be glad you are so happy with TBT and Ayla and Iza.

Ginger Jasper said...

Wishing you a Happy New Year.. Hugs GJ xx

Tiger Lily said...

Happy New Year to all of you! Sounds like you had a wonderful New Year's Eve.

prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs and tail wags,
Zeke, Sushi & Tiger Lily

Katnip Lounge said...

Marley, we think you have made the circle of kitties complete at your house. It's been so much fun to see you find your purrfect spot with your sisters and TBT.
Happy New Year, we hope 2012 sends you love and laughter. And Licks!
xx The Lounge Kats

Max said...

Dood, you had a terrific NYE! There's nothing like a good fire and a warm lap to kick in a new year.

I know you would have been happy with your first Mom if she hadn't been so sneezy, but I think you're where you're supposed to be. And listen carefully about Skeeter and LC...those are cats you wanna emulate. They were AWESOME and we all miss them. I wish you coulda known them.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

The Island Cats said...

Marley, you got that right...life is good! And we hope it just keeps getting better and better for all of you! Happy New Year!!

Cheysuli and gemini said...

And even better wishes for next year--or is it this year now?

Baby (Lisa Lisa and the Cat Jam) said...

Happy New Year! We hope life is always good for you.

Cory said...

Marley, you do have a wonderful life! We are so happy you came to live with TBT because you get to be our furriend...and you get to sit by the fire and enjoy treats...and Ayla and Iza get a sweet brother....and....and...

Just so many things good in your life.

Purrrrr....

Derby, Ducky said...

Happy New Year, life is good.

Cara n Crew said...

what a nice New Year's Eve :) Marley, it sounds like you and TBT might be starting a new tradition. You have settled in so well with your sisters that it seems to us you have always been there. Many, many blessings to all of you for 2012. Purrs,

Pip, Smidgen, minnie, Hollie