Saturday, January 28, 2012

Jumpin High

MARLEY:  I'm not the "effortless levitator" that Ayla is, but I finally HAVE gotten strong enough ta get up ta many of the places she thought were all her own.  Like the shoe rack ...  A few months ago, I could only jump up ta the middle shelf, an now I can get ta the top where the folded up towels (an sometimes food) are.

Needless ta say, Ayla is not thrilled.  I mean, we really DO get along great, but she thought that was HER private spot.

Its HER fault, of course.  Sometimes she wants ta eat her dinner on her own up on the shoe rack.  But she doesnt allus clean her bowl (somethin she used ta be famous for).  And I will follow the smell of food ANNYWHERE.  So I kept tryin to get UP there.  The first few times, I almost made it but ended up hanging from the top rack by my front paws, then droppin back ta the floor 5 feet below.
So, as ya can see, I can jump up there now.  I dont look all THAT thrilled, do I?
Thats because there is no foods up here this time!  What I smelled was a little blot of spillover from when there WAS food up here.
NOW, I gotta get down.  Which is not all that easy.  Its 5 feet down ta the floor.  Or over 3 feet down an 2 feet over ta the bed.  Ya know somethin?  It looks further DOWN than it looked UP!  Jumpin onto the bed is weerd cuz its a waterbed and it sinks and shakes when ya jump down on it.  Ayla lands softly like a shoe.  I land like a bowling ball.  I need ta watch Ayla more ta see how she does it.
Meanwhile, I think I'll just sit here until TBT comes by, and ask him for a lift ta the floor...

 -------------------

About the collars (from yesserday):  Well, first, our collars are on VERY loose.  TBT has a dread of us feelin restricted or even aware of them.  He makes sure several fingers fit under them without even pressing our furs.  Second, so they tend to come off still attached at the ends when we wrassle or even just scratch our necks.  In fact, TBT is convinced that Ayla can just walk right through her collar annytime she wants ("The Cat Who Walks Through Collars").  It DOES take me a little more effort.  Actally, Ayla LIKES her "pretty bloo collar", so shes not TRYIN ta get out of it.

Me, I kinna like mine too (it matches my eyes an several girlcats have commented on that), but Id rather not wear one. Im just not into BLING...

Lastly, we thought TBT would never find our collars, but ya know what?

.
.
.
.
.
.
He already had them in his pockets!!!  So we are wearin them again.  Oh well...

15 comments:

Katnip Lounge said...

That TBT is a pretty clever guy...already found your collars!

We hope he came by soon, Marley, and gave you the down elevator to the floor. Although we DID get a chuckle out of "bowling Ball""!

Brian said...

You sure did find a nice high perch Marley!

Sweet Purrfections said...

As the old saying goes - what goes up, must come down! Mom Paula said she won't put us in collars because of the tangles they'd cause in our floof.

Harry Spotter said...

Nice place to hang out. You have the perfect spot to view all the goings on in the hosue.

Ginger Jasper said...

You can see everyone from up there. I think its a magnificent spot. I hope you got down safely.. Hugs GJ xx

Cara n Crew said...

Marley, being able to get to the top shelf means you are growing up :) Getting down is always harder... Maybe you can have a bell installed up there and you can "ring" for TBT lift service :D

We can't beleive we missed your gotcha day while our mom was gone :( We hope you had a great day. You have the cutest look on your face in the header picture :D

Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

Daisy said...

Please always remember and do not ever forget, wherever you jump up on you must be able to get back down again!

Eric and Flynn said...

That looks like a good high up place to be. Mum says I am very agile and I get up and down in a flash. Eric is more like you. He gets up and then yells for mum to help him down. Sometimes he will jump down on his own, but he is not so much a bowling ball as a demolition ball.
Flynn

The Island Cats said...

You mean there's foods up there sometimes? We can see why you learned how to jump up there so fast, Marley!

Our mom is like TBT with the collars. She always makes sure they are kinda loose. We lose ours a lot too!

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

Binga and I used to wear collars with name tags. But then one day my human heard Binga making a funny noise, and she found her with her name tag stuck in the floor heater vent! Even though the collar was one of those supposed "breakaways." That scared her so much that she took the collars off us and hasn't put them back on.

Cory said...

Oh Marley, you are doing great learning how to jump that high. It even took my momma Ellie a long time to learn what is called "the float"...effortless is NOT effortless...it takes practice my furriend.

Hope you got down ok!

Oui Oui said...

Oh well, you tried your best, now the collars are back on. If the girl cats like how they look, then that's a bonus. Sometimes someone else's special spot isn't all that special to another kitty. You probably know a great special spot that you like better.

Prancer Pie said...

We luf your closet! It looks like so much fun to investigate and sniff!

Shaggy, Scooby and Scout said...

Our people have a waterbed too and Shaggy does the bowling ball leap too and usually causes a brief tsunami.

ArtemisiaFSS said...

MOL, I stole all Scylla's spots too. `Arty Mouse