Thursday, January 12, 2012

Lotsa Stuff!

MARLEY:  A few differnt things been happening the last couple days!

1..Ill start with my vet visit Tuesday.  I was sposed ta go in December, but I distracted TBT and hid the post card remindin him about it.  The card is buried deep in the closet junk.  But he suddenly remembered readin it an called the vet Monday an made an appointment fer the next day. 


Ayla added insult ta injury by pawing a letter to Dr Jeffrey telling him how HAPPY she has been since he finally fixed her ladygarden right after another vet failed twice.  But I gotta admit, she sure has changed fer the better.  Still, havin ta deliver a "happy letter" ta the guy who was about ta poke, prod, an stab me was hard.

Annyway, here is the only picture TBT got.  


Would ya BELIEF TBT put the letter AND my poop sample in the PTU with me?  Cruel...  I was tempted ta eat it (THE LETTER!) but I dint.  I don't make social fou paws!  I'm glad I have natural gentlemancat manners.

I was in an out real fast.  I got weighed (11 lbs 13 ozs), so I lost a pound since september (Iza is a food hog; you so much as yawn and shes in yer bowl chowin down).  Annyway, I got prodded "You Know Where", an stabbed twice, but I was declared AA+ Superb Health, so thats good.

My poop was clean of whatever they search for!  I should mention that I hadda spent a WHOLE NIGHT closed in the MewsRoom so TBT could GET a poop ta pay the vet with.  I THINK thats how it werks.

The sad part is that we ALL gotta go back in 3 weeks.  Its Ayla an Iza's regular time for the same stuff.  I COULD have gotten my new shot this time but NOOOO, TBT wants ta get us all on the same schedule for future years.  I guess he thinks 1 BIG torture trip is a lot more fun than 3 separate little torture adventures...  I worry about him sometimes. 

Wait til Dr Jeffrey sees Iza has gained 2 pounds and Ayla an I have lost weight.  THAT should make things REALLY confoosin for TBT...   Hey, ya gotta get fun where ya can.

2.  Thursday Garden Tour!  None of us actally went out, but TBT did take some "garden" pictures.  We watched from the winders inside today where it was nice and warm.

It started snowing Tuesday for the first time this year.  It covered the ground but that was at night and melted fast in the morning.
Here are Saucer Magnolia buds.  They will open in late February.  They get froze some years but when they dont they are magnificent!
This is the  red-twig dogwood shrub.  They are bright red all winter, which we think is pretty nice...
These are Nandina berries.  We assume birds eat them, because otherwise, why would the Nandinas bother ta make them?  SOME birds must need them!   And we have a bumper crop this year.  TBT says he has never seen so many.  Well, it HAS BEEN a warm early winter, so mebbe they just keep makin them as long as they can.

And we have daffodils emerging ALL OVER the place!  Apparently the leafs don't mind the cold temperatures.  TBT says they have "aunty-freezer" stuff in them.  They BETTER, cuz it is sure ta get really cold here eventually (down ta 10F on average)!

3.  TBT pats his snowblower machine each time he goes in the garage.  He bought it after the terrible snows of 2009/2010.  Hasn't snowed a mousies butt high since then.  He calls it "anti-snow insurance".  But please wish us at least 8" of snow sometime this winter.  We wanna watch him use it from the windersill over the driveway (while we are all warm an he is fussin outside in the cold.   Cuz we really like sittin on his lap when he is too tired ta move!


21 comments:

Karen Jo said...

It's terrible to make you go to the vets twice so close together, Marley. I am glad that you are in such good health and that Ayla is feeling so much better. I wonder what the vet will think about you and Ayla losing weight and Iza gaining. Think he can figure out who the food hog is?

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

Heh. Why didn't TBT just wait until Ayla and Iza needed their checkups to set up yours? That just seems like cruel and unusual punishment to make you go there twice in less than a month!

BTW, your eyes match your collar in the photo of you in the PTU!

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

I couldn't wait anny longer for the rabies shot or I would have had to get all new ones 2 years in a row.

But I CAN wait to match up with Ayla an Iza for the other shots. So it seemed a good idea.

"BTW, your eyes match your collar".
In the words of Phineus and Ferb,
"Yes, yes it does". But I hadn't noticed that before. And I rather like that.

I arrived here with a nice chocolate brown collar from my first Mom. And I rather liked it. But the collar vanished one day (probaly under some deep dark odd spot in the basement). So when TBT went hunting for a new one, he saw the green and thought it DID match my eyes. And went well with my orange/white furs.

So I have this one now...

Until I can manage ta lose it...

Along those lines, our collars are SO loose that we really don't mind them at all. Its just that sometimes they actually fall off in the house. TBT has found them on the bed (and next to our foodbowls) proof we are not trying to get rid of them).

Srsly, we probly got the loosest collars of any pet ever.

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

Oh those magnolias look beautiful. We had a magnolia tree and it suddenly upped and died. it hadta be chopped down which was heartbreaking.

Sorry about the vets visit but it's good to know you are A OK!

We larfed at the snow-insurance ~ that's the sort of thing our dad says. Take out a policy to protect yerself and you can be sure you'll never need to use it. MOL!

Random Felines said...

Yikes...2 v-e-t visits...doesn't seem fair. Mom tried to get us all on the same schedule and somehow even managed to screw that up. :)

William said...

Well, the all-in-one visit may be good for TBT but not fun for you!

Admiral Hestorb said...

I am sorry you're going twice, but you at least only have to be stabbed..no more poking and proffing. You can snicker at the others after you're all done.

I will see if my bulbs are coing up, We have had some much too mild weather and only one mild freeze this year (and last) and last year my bulbs came up way too early as well. I have magnolias but they are Southern Grandiflora for the most part and what we call Tulip poplar trees and flowers that others call magnolia. They ony last a few weeks in flowering. The big Grandiflora are there for the Spring thru Fall. VERY fragrant.

Mom Carole

The Cat From Hell said...

Do yous all get stuffed into the same PTU? Me would like to see a picture of that!
Pawsome spring like stuff happening in your neck of the woods. Ours is under snow. And boy does my Daddy wish HE has a snowblower! But me loves to watch him weild that shovel
Kisses
Nellie

Shaggy, Scooby and Scout said...

So we have TBT to thank for our snowless winter this year! Thank You TBT!
My visit was like yours, Marley. A quick check, check, check and out the door. The v-e-t always says I'm such a good healthy boy! -Scout

Cheysuli and gemini said...

We always worry when the plants start coming up but then we get snow. I think they are saying maybe some for us this weekend too. We'll see.

Brian said...

I sure am glad you are healthy Marley! Hey, maybe you should save up some poop to pay for the nexet visit, plus a tip if the Vet is nice to you!

Eric and Flynn said...

We are glad your vet visit went well Marley. That is tough that you have to go again though.

ABBY said...

So glad that the Vet visit was excellent! And we are wondering how the snow thing is going? Seems like a lot of kittens are getting snow this weekend.
purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

Prancer Pie said...

Great V-E-T visit. Sorry you haf to go twice! We can't believes you yard stuff. Ours is deader than a hammer Mommy says. We luv that anti-snow insurance. Let us know if it keeps workin!

Derby, Ducky said...

Mum doesn't want to do the double duty vet visit. Specially since Derby is such a handful all by himself, even when drugged.

We actually got enough snow that it won't go away the next day, but barely enough for the blower.

The Island Cats said...

Marley, we're so glad you checked oot okay at the vet, but what a bummer that you gotta go back in 3 weeks!

Thanks for the garden tour!

Cara n Crew said...

yoW! That's a lot of news, Marley! We're happy you had a good check up. Don't tell Smidgen, but she has to go back again in a couple of weeks too to get her teefs cleaned! Your garden looks like it is getting ready for spring. We have daffodils flowering all ready and we've had some freezes. they must be tough little flowers :)

Pip, Hollie, Minnie

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

Wow, Cara n Crew - You must be in a warm place! We wont see daffodil flowers for about 2 Big Moons...

Natalie said...

Sorry to hear of your vet trials and tribulations, Marley, but I'm glad you're healthy!

ArtemisiaFSS said...

Daddy is going to start riding his motorcycle again so it is sure to turn cold and rainy here.

healthotcrx4u said...

We always fear when the vegetation begin arriving up but then we get snowfall. I think they are saying maybe some for us this few days too. We'll see.