Sunday, January 01, 2012

New Year's Fire

Marley:  I was amazed that a fire could be "nice".  TBT cleared the basement of stuff what shouldn't be heated, and set up stuff ta burn.

I even checked it out!!!

Before the fire...



At set up...
Checking it once...
Checkin it twice...
Checkin it DEEP!  Gotta learn how these "fires" werk so I can be sure TBT does it right in the future.
I dunno, it doesn't look like a big deal from here.  But then TBT said I could stop memorizin it fer future snoopervision cuz it was jus a scrap fire, not a proper one with logs stacked the "right way".  Great NOW he tells me.  AFTER I studied it.  NOW I gotta werk to deliberately forget how this scrap one was made. Im SURE this will confoos me in the future.

But, of course, that was before it was lit! I backed away in a hurry when he did THAT!  The only fire I ever saw before was on TV an somehow, it dint look so FIERCE!  A REAL one is kinna scary til it calms down.  

An it DID calm down eventually.  Thats when I went an sat down on TBT's lap.  It was kinna nice then with flickery little glows and wiggly flames.

You can see details of the actal fire itselfs over at TBTs bloggie HERE!  I jus dont wanna scare kitties what dont like fires with pictures of the actal FIERCE parts.  Or the boring details of TBT makin it.


17 comments:

Prancer Pie said...

Happy New Year to you kittehz and TBT! A fire is the purrfekt way to ring in the new year. It is so warm and magikal. xoxo

Max said...

He burned a book? I haz a sad now :(

Katnip Lounge said...

Marley, we laffed at your THOROUGH inspection! We hope you didn't have to clean ashes out of your toesies...or make tracks on TBT's trousers!

Cheysuli and gemini said...

You did a very thorough inspection! I love having fires regularly. Ours are made from natural gas though but they are toasty.

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

The humans only made a fire once in my lifetime, at the old house. I did not particularly like it. Boodie tried to climb up the fireplace screen - fortunately, it was mostly embers by then. The fireplace here does not work (I think most of the chimneys in Los Angeles got damaged in the 1994 earthquake), so I don't know when I'll see another one.

The Cat From Hell said...

Your fire was PAWSOME! Wes going to has one in the fireplace in the little house and mes going to talks about it later this week!
Kisses
Nellie

Brian said...

I can only imagine how nice that would be. We have a fireplace but there has never been anything in it but dust bunnies!

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

Happy New Year dear friends. Hoping 2012 brings you peace, health and joy in abundance. xx

Shaggy, Scooby and Scout said...

WOW! When we had pictures of our fireplace a couple weeks ago you said it was exactly like yours....and it is!!! Our dad converted ours to gas so we have a new glass doors but yours are exactly the same as our old ones which are out in the garage. Even the soot over the front of them is the same!
Great fire!

The Meezers or Billy said...

Happy New Year!!!!!

Daisy said...

You are lucky to get to sit by a real fire!

Derby, Ducky said...

We don't have a fire making box at our house. We feel all deprived.

THE ZOO said...

We hope yall have a Happy New Year.
Owr beans are soooo luking into getting doors like yall hafe to close off owr fireplace so we cant go in. we have a fireplace but owr beans dont use it and tha flue is rusted so we can get up in thar but we dont much. beans dont want us in thar at all.

Eric and Flynn said...

You were very thorough checking the fire. We have a wood burner so it is burning all the time in the winter. We like to lay in front of it.

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

Marley, did your nice pretty soft white paws get all sooty? Did Ayla clean them for you?

William said...

Boy. When we had a fireplace, we could NEVER get inside it to inspect things!

Happy New Year to you all!

ArtemisiaFSS said...

I love FIRE. ~Arty Mouse