Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Vet Visit

Marley:  Well, we were all feelin a bit stressed and subdued yesserday after we got back home, so we just napped all evenin.  But I can relate evrythin that went on now.

First, we all got put in the PTUs.  Ayla dint put up anny fight.  Well, shes been through this a lot more often.  Apparently, it is impossible ta avoid.  Iza struggled some, but ended up inside hers quickly.  I fought.  Real hard!  When I finally did get forced in, I turned around so fast I got my head out before TBT could close the door.   

So he hadda push my head back inside, but I got my front paws out.  He got those back inside, but I got my head out again.  He finally got my head in again, but I did somethin clever.  I grabbed his hand with my front paws - claws OUT!  Heh-Heh, he couldnt pull his hand out fast ta close the door on me...  But then he stuck a pen in through the door, and when I let go ta grab THAT, he got his hand out an the door latched.

I pushed an pulled on that door evry whichway, but I couldnt get it loose.  Well, can ya blame me fer tryin?  After two 2-hour car trips on Thanksgivin, an bein dragged ta the vet just 2 weeks ago, I was right tired of that PTU!  I only hadda go to get 1 shot which fer some reason I could get last time.

So here we all are in the PTUs lined up on the bed...

An here we all are in the Vet office.  We yelled all the way there, often in 3-part harmony.  It dint do anny good, but it made us feel better.
Then we were all in the actal exam room, quiet as mice.  I have ta say it was a bit of a relief.  After a half hour of listening to a little woofie makin pitiful snarfing, whining, wavery noises (it was scared, not hurt), we mostly wanted ta get it all over with.
Ayla was first up cuz she had the most ta get done.
She had the usual prod in the behind and 3 shots.  But TBT dint have his camera ready.
Iza wasnt so lucky about the camera.  Oh the indignity!  Captured forever...
At least we get some comfortin after.
I wasnt lucky with the camera either!  As ya see, I hadda be held a bit more firmly. 
None of us put up anny kind of fight going BACK into the PTUs, though.  TBT placed us so we could see an talk to each other while we waited ta go home.
At least, TBT says, we dont hafta go through this again for a whole nother YEAR.  Which sounds pretty good. 

27 comments:

Random Felines said...

oh the indignity....

say - mom wants TBT to know that if Marley is pecky next time, stand the carrier up and then he can't get to the door as fast. :)

Fuzzy Tales said...

We're glad it was just routine stuff, nothing untoward. But oh, we'd never ever forgive our human if she took pics of us at the v-e-t!

Eric and Flynn said...

We are glad everything went well, but oh the indignity of having photos of the you know what you know where! Mum doesn't have trouble getting us in the PTU's, but she has a heck of a game getting us out when we get to the vet, particularly Eric Dad has to tip it up and shake it while mum is pulling. Eric makes himself all big and puts his feet in the corners.

Cheysuli and gemini said...

I love it when the vet visit is over for the year!

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

That wasn't TOO bad of an ordeal! Luckily for me, my human usually holds me while my temperature is being taken - which means she has no hands free for picture taking!

Brian said...

Well, I agree, at least it is over! Oh my, I hate that temp thingy too!

Katie Isabella said...

Oh Mommy said she's been thru it with Admiral..she feels your pain.

Luxington said...

TBT did some pretty good work gettin' all three of ya to the vet at once! I don't blame ya for puttin' up a fight Marley.. especially because of the thermometer violation!

ABBY said...

Oh my 3 at once.
Wow but at least it's over for a squillion years. Well at least one squillion.

purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

Katie Isabella said...

You poor babies. xoxoxoxoxox

Cara n Crew said...

Glad everything went ok - just sorry it had to happen at all! :) Our mom is impressed TBT takes all three of you at once - our mom will only dare to take us two at a time!

Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

Sweet Purrfections said...

We haven't been in the PTUs much yet. Truffle sings the whole way, but is calm with the vet. Brulee is pretty quiet in the PTU, but gives the vets a hard time.

The Cat From Hell said...

Becuase we travels so much, we don't use PTUs, just harnesses. Whenever Me sees the PTU me goes ballistic! Mommy has scars from putting me in the PTU. Mommy also has welding gloves that is used to holds me at the vet. And, they has never, ever been able to takes my temperature!
Me is glad yous fought like a wildcat!
Kisses
Nellie

The Island Cats said...

Whew! We're so glad that's over now. And our mom says she's impressed that TBT takes all 3 of you at the same time. She has a hard time just taking 2 of us at the same time.

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

I think King Spitty the First must issue a Decree of Painful Punishment against TBT, not for taking you to the v-e-t, which cannot be helped, but rather for callously photographing you at the most private and undignified of moments.

Do you three have any suggestions before the King announces the penalty?

Natalie said...

Ugh, vet visits are the worst!! Melly hangs out in her carrier sometimes just randomly, so she's no problem, but Scarlett is impossible and is now notorious among the Tacoma veterinarians. Sigh.

Punapippuri said...

We are glad it went well, but why did your humans have to photograph it al. we are going to need extra rations to take away the trauma of those pics!

Shaggy, Scooby and Scout said...

What a day you three had. And to photograph the probe, well, we agree that's just indecent! We think that's funny what Eric & Flynn said about Eric getting all big & putting his feet into all four corners!

Prancer Pie said...

That was just awful. We hope you gots good treats and a snooze afterwards.

Oui Oui said...

Wow, that sounds a lot like what we do too! But the mom sings with us in the car. How weird is she?

Zippy, Sadie and Speedy said...

Sorry dat happened to yoo guys, we know all to well da indignity of some human getting da better of us and jamming us in da PTU! But, know what, our vet stopped putting dat stupid stick were it shouldn't be and takes our tempachur in our EARS! Maybe yoo should send an a-nonny-mouse email to da vet and sugjest dat.

Laura and Taffeta Rose said...

That's just rude! And photos, oh my!

PS: If that's a top-loader PTU, try putting Marley in through the top, rather than the small door. It's easier to get them out that way, too.

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Poor Kitties! No one likes the vet, but at least you don't have to go back for a year!

little miao said...

oh noes, not fun!

Derby, Ducky said...

Mum says TBT is a brave guy to take all of you on the same day. Mum won't do that! We go on our own days and a couple of month apart.

Ryker The Tonkinese said...

Allie: *GASP!* Oh my CAT, Iza, the Indignity! Did you let TBT know that photos of a Lady with a ...a...THING up her...YOU know... are just INDECENT (and worth at least TEN treats! YES!)

Wait, Mother just mentioned buying me a PINK carrier...*suspicious look* MOtherrrrrrrr!!

ArtemisiaFSS said...

Glad you got good reports.