Friday, March 16, 2012

Birdie Madness

Ooh TBT did a Wicked, WICKED thing yesterday!  He made us think there were birdies IN THE HOUSE!  We went nuts tryin ta find them...

An it was just a music thingie!  We are all really upset, still.

THE BIG THING:  Its my fault.  I saw (online) that the earliest Purple Martins were in the area, so I cleaned out the hanging artificial gourds and searched around for the CDs that have daytime calls and morning calls (to attract new birds).  I have a few portable CD players, but none seemed to work (gee they are ONLY 20 years old).  So I put the daytime CD in the upstairs stereo and let it run for a while.

I SHOULD have realized that the cats would react, but we don't have any of those wildlife CDs or DVDs so it slipped my mind.  Iza attacked the nearest stereo speaker first.  Ayla and Marley ran back an forth between them.  For all her pudginess, Iza has a fierce huntress nature.  I really need to do something to the fence so that I can let them out in the backyard again.

Anyway, the idea is to place a CD boom box outside under the nest gourds to attract new Martins and I was having trouble finding an old portable player that worked.  Its the dust of ages I suppose.  I'll have to buy a new one.

16 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

That's hilarious...The human can just picture it. :-D

The Cat From Hell said...

My Mommy is laughing her head off! But me is saying - That is mean! How could yous do that to us cats!!!????!!!
Kisses
Nellie

Brian said...

Oh yea, we would all be going nuts here too!

Cheysuli and gemini said...

Wow! You kids love your birds!!!

William said...

Ha ha ha! That is pretty funny! We react only to doorbells on TV (they scare us) and of course Russell thinks there are birds in the special clock we have. My old bro Eddie--when he was little--used to watch birds on nature shows, though, and get pretty excited.

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

Awww, you guys must have been disappointed that you were faked out!

Eric and Flynn said...

MOL! We wish we could have seen Iza attacking the speaker.

Sweet Purrfections said...

Our mom is laughing, too!

Truffle and Brulee

Derby, Ducky said...

Yowza with the birdie calls. Set the speakers outside.

The Island Cats said...

You're lucky they didn't destroy those speakers trying to get the birdies!!

Prancer Pie said...

Poor kittehz! Sounds like demerits will be issued at the next staff meeting!

Oui Oui said...

Well, that's one way to get exercise! Poor kitties! We bet peeing on those speakers would have taken care of the problem.

Natalie said...

Oh, how funny!

Natalie said...

Oh, how funny!

Shaggy, Scooby and Scout said...

Sorry Ayla, Iza & Marley but that is hilarious!!

Luxington said...

OMC! My human just laffed herself into a puddle.