Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I'm Freaked!

MARLEY:  I'm confused an a bit freaked out.  Its even hard to esplain, but basicly, I'm HIDING...
OK, actually I been hiding in the basement (ecept fer right NOW of course while TBT helps me post), but this is the best "hiding" picture I got available.

Im embarassed ta say it, but Im afraid of the new Bein.  I dont even know WHY.  Iza says hes friendly, Ayla says hes friendly.  I even THINK hes friendly myself.  But I just dont feel right upstairs where he is.

Me, the mancat, is afraid when the girlcats arent!  Oh the shame...  But I am.

He doesn't LOOK scary...
He doesnt SMELL scary...

He doesnt ACT scary...

He even walks around shuffling his big feet so he CANT even step on us.  Theres nothin ta be afraid of, right?  So why am I stayin in the basement?

I even THINK hes friendly.  Just look at this nice face...


Heres the cofoosin thing.  When I first met TBT at my original Moms house, he sat down on the floor an I walked RIGHT over an sat in his lap.  I wasnt afraid AT ALL.  So what changed with me?  I need some kitty advice fast.  Annyone?

 -------------------------------------

THE BIG THING:  I apologize for all of us not visitin the past days, but I was away since Friday and it seems things are gonna be busy and confused here for a few more days.  We will be visiting again as soon as we can.  Hopefully just a couple days from now.

Meanwhile, we have discussed the matter of names here and decided that I will refer to my father as "Dad" myself, but the cats will call him "Grampa" which is a bit vague and will serve.  My own dealings with Dad will be on my own blog http://cavebearslair.blogspot.com/.  And there are sure to plenty of those as I learn to live with an elderly parent living in the house.  Today's post is at HERE.




13 comments:

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

Marley, your human has a lot on his plate, and as mancat of the house, I think you sense that more than the girls do. Hopefully you will calm down as things get more settled.

Pierro said...

Marley, I am just the same way. Miles is not afraid of anything... except the vet and the car and something else but I can't remember.
I am not afraid of... okay, I get freaked out quite easily. Just take your time. eventually you will feel right to come out but grampas do smell kind of funny and they seem a little bit unpredictable.
best wishes to all of you. we are glad that grampa is with you now.

bonks

Brian said...

I just know you will find some brave while you are under there Marley!

Cheysuli and gemini said...

Sometimes it takes awhile to find your bravery and trust a new person.

ABBY said...

Marley
We bet you'll be out of your hiding place in no time. None of us kitties likes to changes, but this is a good change.
purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

Derby, Ducky said...

Marley, you is just adjusting to something different. Give it time.

The Island Cats said...

Marley, we think it may just take you a little time to get used to having another human around. It will be okay...really.

The Cat From Hell said...

Oh Marley!
me is sure yous will come around pretty quick! He looks pretty friendly..
Kisses
Nellie

Louche Tabby said...

Perhaps it's male competitiveness?

Shaggy and Scout said...

Dear little Marley, it's just a shake up to your regular routine. You will get used to his presence in the house on your own time. Just stay in your safe place until you are ready to adventure out. Before long he will be a regular part of your home and things won't be so confusing.
Pee Ess: Grandpa does look like a friendly nice guy....and look at that lap!

Rykers Boyz n Allie said...

FaRADaY: Marley, I'm the same way1

Maxwell: yeah, which is funny cuz when it's just is, he's the biggest loudest, bossiest brat in the house EVER.

Allie: oh Marley, you'll warm up to him! We just know you will!

Katie Isabella said...

Marlwey, I backed up to read this post which I missed after the one for today explaining that you did come up and visit with Grandpa. I'm glad. xoxo

ArtemisiaFSS said...

WE are sure Marley will get used to Grandpa soon. Sometimes it just takes us awhile to adapt when something changes in our environment especially the older we get.